|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Randburg Ferndale|
|Company:||Urban Brew Studios|
- Planning and control:
- Ensure monthly cost report meetings are in place with key stakeholders (line producer, head of production and finance)
- Review controls and processes in the production accounting function and implement effective controls and processes.
- Engage regularly with client’s production controllers to build good relationships and understand if their matters that need to be resolved.
- Provide support to the production accountants in:
o Opening production bank accounts.
o Engagements with FilmAcc team to ensure all issues raised by production accountants are fully addressed.
o Set-up and facilitate monthly meetings with key stakeholders i.e. production and facilities.
- Set-up and facilitate regular meetings with production accountants to address challenges facing the department.
- Set-up one on one sessions with production accountants to engage on challenges they face in their roles.
- Project management:
- Review all production contracts to ensure financial deliverables are met.
- Review budgets and ensure that
o Line items are accurate, and we have adequate recoveries.
o Correct production fee and format fee is included before submission to client.
o Each production has adequate recoveries which should be in consultation with the head of content and creative and chief financial officer (CFO).
- Ensure accounting procedures are correctly set up at the beginning of each production and communicated to the relevant production employees.
o General accounting procedures
o All statutory requirements according to territory and where necessary discuss with the CFO the engagement of tax consulting assistance in those territories.
- Review the cash flow prepared by the line producer/producer before it is submitted to client.
- Review the cost reports for accuracy and check the production expenditure against budget together with the Production Accountant and discuss variances and general finance issues in regular cost report meetings with Producer/Line Producer guiding production not to exceed overall budget.
- Drive a business plan pack process for all projects which should include: synopsis/brief/production schedule/contracted budget/ /final cost report/ledger/variance report/other deals/overview/final status report and SABC documentation when required)
- When and where necessary, updates production notes with changes as discussed with the CFO.
- Review weekly/monthly production reports from the Production Accountants and check for accuracy, validity and completeness.
- Review all production documentation including the reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and trial balance entries and the intercompany accounts balance and clears all outstanding issues before submitting to group accountant for reporting.
- Review production bank accounts reconciliations together with the production accountant.
- Ensures productions are adequately insured after discussion with the Producer.
- Accounting function:
- Review and manage invoicing for production and the business.
- Review and manage the calculation of revenue, cost of sales, deferred revenue and Work In Progress (WIP) in terms of IFRS 15.
- Review monthly journals for accuracy and adherence to controls and processes of the business.
- The review recons of deferred revenue and WIP and ensure that reconciling items are followed up timeously.
- Review the cost reports and ensure that accruals are accounted for accurately in terms of IAS 37.
- Engage both group accountant, AP and Procurement monthly to discuss areas of concerns.
- Review any foreign production trial balances and ensure that they are picked up at the correct rate of exchange.
- Manage the audit of revenue, cost of sales, deferred revenue and WIP.
- Assists with monthly FilmAcc and or Sage Evolution reconciliations as required.
- Review and manage the sale, cost of sales reports.
- Assist group accountant with commentary on sales and cost of sales
- Prepare budgets, forecasts for sales and cost sales for inclusion in the group reporting.
- Prepare all reports for productions where necessary and required by the business.
- Provide group reporting accountant with monthly variance report for productions and commentary.
- Prepare and present monthly consolidated production performance report focusing on actual v budget per project.
- Debtors control:
- Manage the debt collection and timely invoicing of the business normally in line with the contracted Cashflow.
- Advise production accountants of salary and production recoveries to be debit noted and thereafter captures in Sage Evolution.
- Calculation of the provision for bad debts in terms of IFRS 9.
- Cost management diploma, CIMA, completed to CGMA or relevant accounting diploma/degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of cost accounting/management accounting of which two must be at a management level.
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry and its components is non-negotiable.
- Management of staff experience is non-negotiable.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to be move where the job requires in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to work overtime in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to make decisions independently where required and necessary.
Posted on 05 Jan 12:35