Sales and Marketing Manager for leading IT and Telecommunications distributor paying up to R850 000 P/A
One of largest providers of information and communication technology products and services and most respected provider of ICT products and services to the African continent based on superior domain knowledge underscored by unparalleled service commitment.
Job Title: sales and marketing manager
Location: Kikuyu Road, Regus Sunninghill, Ground Floor, West, 2191 Gauteng, South Afr
Duties & Responsibilities:
The position of sales and marketing manager consists of determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors and identify potential customers. It also consists of developing pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or shares of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied and overseeing product development or monitoring trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
• Compile lists describing product or service offerings;
• Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand;
• Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services;
• Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction;
• Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities;
• Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections;
• Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers;
• Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors;
• Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings;
• Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
• Recruit, hire, and train sales team
• Set sales goals, compare performance to goals, and adjust goals as needed
• Assess current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement them
• Develop individual quotas and assign territories for team members
• Tracking sales metrics
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts
• Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to team members
• Foster a competitive yet collaborative team environment
• Assess individual performance through observation and measurement, and suggest corrective actions as needed
• Planning the sales strategy
• Pre sales and post sales assistance
• Setting targets, creating performance plans and maintaining standards for sale representatives
• Planning the sales strategy and Optimization of sales
• Searching for clients who might benefit from the company’s products
• Documentation and control of target achievement
• Negotiation of terms and contracts with clients
• Reporting to the Executive Board
• Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it correctly
Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service
• Tracking sales team metrics and sharing them with company leadership
• Provide pre-sales and post-sales service support and assistance
• Plan and preside over weekly sales team meetings
• Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences
• Attend marketing events (e.g. conferences or trade shows) representing the company
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree;
Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behaviour, and to be aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach);
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment;
Must possess excellent verbal and written communicatio
Package & Remuneration:
Up to R850 000 CTC with commission/ Bonus on top