|Company:||Ad Talent Africa|
A leading global FMCG business is building the best tech company in Africa, and searching for incredible tech and business talent to join their team, The key purpose of the e-commerce engineer is to be accountable for designing, developing and deploying direct to consumer solutions for Africa
Key areas of responsibility will be:
- Collaborate with engineers in solving problems relating to e-commerce, data integration, security, data analytics, and microservices with high availability demands
- Build prototypes and validate design alternatives.
- Build, operate, and optimize large web-based systems and mobile platforms that interface directly with data science real-time scoring models and support various optimization algorithms
- Process user engagement data, product feeds, and APIs in real-time/near real-time and integrate with ML models that power the products
- Proficiency in marketing and digital technology landscape and trends across the stack (e.g. DMP,DSP,CRM,MDM, CDP) and familiarity with Digital advertising ecosystem.
- Experience in working with AWS, DataDog and other SaaS technologies
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Monitor data quality, usage, performance and SLAs within the Tech stack across Africa
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet both functional and non-functional business requirements;
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.;
- Work with the marketing and product teams to continuously improve the aesthetic, usability, and performance of applications, as well as monitor and remediate site issues related to browser, mobile, server, and application-layer issues.
- BS degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, mathematics or related
- Three+ years of software development experience developing commercial software
- Two+ experience with unit testing/mocking frameworks
- Understanding of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Experience with the SQL language
- Experience with agile or scrum development practices
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Curious and passionate about MarTech
- Broad knowledge of the rapidly evolving MarTech landscape including SEO, consumer data gathering and segmentation, digital media, consumer journeys, etc.
- Strong customer service skills
- Sales and marketing experience a plus
- Agile or Scrum
- RESTful API Development
Posted on 28 Apr 10:49