|Reference:||#14 eCommerce Buyer|
Job descriptionLeading distribution company is looking for a well-rounded buyer to tackle a new role looking for opportunistic local buys and imports for products to sell online and develop new product categories.
You will have accountability for the business results of your product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, expanding product selection and vendor base, negotiating contracts, setting category strategy, developing marketing programs, driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
You will need to set and manage budgets while providing monthly ROI reporting on all digital marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer experience intuition, business and product sense combined with solid understanding of technical concepts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Requirements• Minimum of 2+ years of professional experience on eCommerce sales
• Experience working with office suite, excel and teams.
• A background (3+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
• Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Solid communications skills – verbal and written
• Strong analytic skills and expertise in Excel
• Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations
• Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects
• Strong trend-spotting and trend-prediction skills.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Proven ability to identify, analyse, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an exceptional attention to detail
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Posted on 18 Jun 14:51
+27 11 608 3633