Digital Project Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
|Remote work:||Remote work allowed optional|
Job descriptionWho we are looking for
We are looking for a mature digital Project Manager, ideally with a solid technical background and experience delivering technical projects. You will oversee a portfolio of your own web and mobile client projects, owning the end to end delivery of these projects. You will work closely with clients to ensure the successful management and delivery of your projects and you will work alongside a strong and passionate team, where we use the latest development technologies and standards to deliver quality project work. You will be accountable for the delivery of high quality solutions for your client projects, and to this end you must be an assertive person and able to hold your own team accountable to delivering a quality solution. You will work closely with our development, creative and sales teams and you will be supported by the Client Services Manager and directly managed by our Operations Director.
Who we are
Founded in 1996, Bluegrass Digital is an innovative software development company, based in Cape Town and working with leading local South African and international clients.
What we do
We work on client projects ranging from start ups to large enterprises building new products and platforms using web and mobile technologies. We help clients with full delivery from conceptualisation, design, build and ongoing product support. We work across development languages and technologies, with a big focus on cloud technology solutions. We have core practices across mobile apps, content management systems like Umbraco, Optimizely and WordPress/WooCommerce, as well as creating cutting edge custom and native mobile applications. And yes, we will train you in anything you don’t know.
Type of people who work at Bluegrass
Techies and digital natives. People who love challenging projects, code lovers and geeks with interesting hobby projects. We are a fun loving family that know when to work hard, but also know how to enjoy ourselves. Over achievers and people who always try to exceed expectations, and love to learn through their colleagues and work experience. Honest, ethical, punctual, and always professional (but with a sense of humour)!
- Some of the main responsibilities for this position will now be covered in detail, to give you an idea of the depth of the role and expectations thereof:
- Proposals and Cost Estimates assist the Sales Process by scoping the initial client requirements to provide accurate cost estimates and detailed proposal documentation.
- Project Planning one of your most important responsibilities is to ensure that every project Bluegrass deliver is properly analysed, scoped and the right solution is proposed within a SOW document, taking into account various factors including client requirements, budgets, and timeline expectations.
- Product Owner working together with client stakeholders and your internal team, you will interpret the client BRS or SOW requirements and ensure the right functional solution is agreed. You will champion and manage the JIRA Backlog and ensure the project is well structured into Epics, Tasks and Features, with detailed user stories and business rules/logic and QA acceptance criteria added, against which manual QA testing is done. You will be responsible for ensuring all stakeholders use JIRA in the proper manner and tasks are assigned during stand ups.
- Team Management you will manage the project team for your individual projects and all stakeholders (including clients) should look to you as the go to person for any question related to your project.
- Budget Management you will be responsible for providing and reviewing all project cost estimates, and ensuring that we measure, report and deliver within an acceptable variance % of the project budget. You will work with the finance department to ensure that quotes are accepted, and invoices are sent.
- Time Tracking and Reporting you will be responsible for ensuring that your entire project team are logging their time daily, so that you can measure and review timelogs and report back to clients and management on the project progress.
- Testing/QA you will oversee the final solution from a quality perspective and ensure bugs/tasks are raised and fixed in a timely manner, in accordance with your project plan.
- Risk management when the business requirements change or new features are requested impacting scope, you need to manage clients expectations and evaluate how it impacts the project and provide cost estimates based on these new requirements.
- Documentation produce documentation of a consistently high standard, that can be shared with clients and which clients find easy to understand.
- R&D – keep abreast of the latest technologies, best practices and standards. Conduct knowledge sharing sessions within your team. It’s important that you understand the capabilities of the various CMS platforms we work with, to ensure that you can discuss and upsell new features and functionality, based on the CMS capabilities.
- A degree or relevant project management qualifications
- Three+ years with in a software development or development agency environment
- Experience interfacing with clients and managing client expectations
- Experience creating BRS, SOW, MS Project Plan documentation for projects
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC process, and working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies and an ability to merge these accordingly
- Experience planning resources and tracking project timelines/roadmaps and project budget estimations and reporting against these
- Experience using project management tools like Atlassian JIRA (advantageous)
- Solid end-to-end project testing and ability to implement and guide ‘Testing and QA’ processes
- Good understanding of website analytics and data analysis to guide project solutions
- Good knowledge of SEO, especially concerning technical ‘onsite’ SEO best practices
- Experience delivering CMS solutions, ideally using platforms like Umbraco, WordPress and EPiServer
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Word and MS Project this is essential
- Experience creating high quality, well formed and well written documentation and communicating clearly to clients
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Military like organisational and time management skills, with the ability to very comfortably juggle multiple projects/tasks
- A team player with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities
- A passion for the online industry a true digital enthusiast
Company DescriptionWe are an innovative software engineering designing intuitive web and mobile solutions.
With offices in London, Cape Town and Johannesburg we service a variety of global clients.
Key practice areas include:
- Strategy and consulting
- UX and UI design
- Software development
- Mobile applications
- Content management platforms
- Manage Services
Posted on 15 Jul 09:54, Closing date 13 Sep