Job description99c is a full-service, integrated advertising agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Zambia, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies. Led by Founder and managing director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers; Ackermans; PUMA; the Spur Group and Distell, to name but a few. Our Cape Town office is looking for a d igital designer to join our Creative Team on one of the largest national retailers in South Africa, working on one of the most exciting; forward-thinking consumer apps in Southern Africa.
*Please note that this position is based at our client and not at the Agency*
We are looking for someone to add their creative digital skills to keep taking one of South Africa’s most relevant, forward-thinking and consumer-centric grocery delivery apps to new heights; delivering and encouraging award-winning work, from conceptualizing integrated concepts through to execution, exceeding client expectations. Our ideal candidate will be a digital creative all-star, ready to take on the world of e-commerce and digital design, with the skill set to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough designs for multiple media platforms such as web banners, newsletters, social media and website elements.
As digital designer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering graphics; websites; logos; social media graphics and banners; static and rich banners; e-mail campaigns and mobi-site animations and GIFs. Our ideal person would enjoy working within a greater creative team.
The applicant must be able to:
- Provide fast turn-around with app artwork;
- Design digital artwork (Facebook; Instagram; Google Ads) in static or animated format, as well as organic content artwork)
- Design e-mail artwork
- Create video/animation elements
- Assist with conceptualising digital campaigns and creatively solve problems effectively
An eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure, as well as being up to date with the latest digital marketing trends, techniques and technologies are essential requirements. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork
- App and web design
- Digital art direction
- Digital design
- Social media posts
- Web banners
- UX and UI Design advantageous but not essential
Minimum requirements include:
- Completed tertiary qualification in digital design
- At least three years’ experience as digital designer in an advertising agency
- Experience with web design; designing of e-commerce websites; animations and social media desi
- Experience in high-volume environments with fast turn-arounds preferred
- Strong digital design portfolio
- Strong conceptual ability preferred
- Great presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Committed collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Web Design
- Adobe Creative Cloud and InVision, with particular emphasis on Adobe AfterEffects
- Outstanding attention to detail and highly organised
- Prior experience on Workbook advantageous but not essential
Please submit a concise CV and the link to your behance/portfolio for consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within three weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Posted on 01 Feb 08:06