Digital Copywriter - Studio
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionOur Marketing Department is looking for a dedicated and passionate experienced Digital Copywriter to work across various premium outdoor and leisure brands, including Cape Union Mart, Poetry, Old Khaki, Keedo and K-Way.
You will be responsible for supporting the marketing team to drive increased conversions and sales on a day-to-day basis, via numerous digital platforms as well as in-store. You’ll be writing product and marketing-related copy to help customers make a purchase decision.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has a high attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced and high-pressure retail environment. We are looking for someone who has a natural aptitude for digital marketing and problem-solving capabilities to push the creative boundaries. We're looking for people who embody our values of Trust, Innovation & Passion and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo.
Under the supervision of the Creative Leader, you will be responsible for the rollout of campaigns across all brands and various channels.
You will be responsible for
- High level of technical proficiency in copywriting
- Strong grasp of best practice in retail and digital communication
- Solid understanding of through-the-line advertising
- Experience working across all channels – digital, email, social media, print, video, catalogues, radio and e-comm
- Strong conceptual ability advantageous
- Culture of creative collaboration with associated teams
- Good craft skills across a wide range of content types
- Culture of agility (rapid turn-around)
- Culture of innovation
- Strong and up-to-date knowledge of communication platforms, formats and channels
- Confidence and good communication skills
You ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aligned throughout projects, to meet deadlines
- Min 5 years creative industry experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Portfolio of work shown must demonstrate your ability to perform this role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced in both print and digital
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills
- Finely honed copywriting skills – ability to write imaginative, broad, creative and original work that demonstrates creative insights across all media platforms
- Must be able to work in a structured fast-paced studio with very tight deadlines
- Has demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure
- Proven experience and delivery in big-picture thinking and implementation
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Ability to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- “Out of the box” creative thinking
Please note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to transformation. Appointments and promotions will be made based on candidates who best meet the requirements for the position. Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team, aligned to our Employment Equity plan.
Posted on 29 Apr 11:18, Closing date 28 May