Digital Content Coordinator
|Company:||Cape Union Mart - Head Office|
Our Digital Marketing department is in search of a culture and brand fit Digital Content Coordinator to join their team to take ownership of the day–to–day assembly and deployment of all relevant social, email, paid media, SMS, and supplier content for the Cape Union Mart portfolio.
As the biggest portfolio within the group, the role will require the incumbent to work effectively across multiple teams, including some external partners, to proactively seek relevant information to effectively support the overarching business objectives and ensure the delivery of world class digital content.
It's important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, being able to work independently. The role requires a team player, have a high attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
This is a highly demanding and fast-changing role with evolving expectations, as is the nature of digital, marketing, and ecommerce, and we are looking for someone who has a natural aptitude for social media and problem-solving capabilities to push the digital boundaries.
We are looking for someone who embodies our values of Trust, Innovation and Passion and is not afraid to challenge the status quo. And of course, the ideal candidate will have a passion for the outdoors and living a life of adventure!
- Strong ability to write, conceptualise ideas, and strategise for the Cape Union Mart brand and partners daily.
- Compile, critique, and edit written content for daily brand communications.
- Day-to-day assembly and deployment of required social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), email, and SMS comms (at least two emails and five organic social posts weekly)
- Coordinate small scale digital content productions with the support of both internal and external teams, as and when required.
- Compile monthly content calendars, alongside the broader brand and merchandise teams, to be executed across but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, email and SMS.
- Liaise with external digital agency to ensure delivery of all performance media assets on time and in line with the approved digital media plan.
- Brief all digital content requirements into the design studio in accordance with agreed lead times.
- Work closely with community managers to actively seek out and act on engagement opportunities within our online communities.
- Leverage and incentivise user generated content on our channels through the ideation and execution of competitions, giveaways, or potential brand partnerships.
The primary function of this role is to take the main campaign idea and strategise, create, assemble and deploy digital content across social media and email. This must be done in such a way that the business can attract and convert new and existing customers as well as grow and inspire our online community through showcasing and promoting the Cape Union Mart lifestyle and products
- Knowledge, experience and Qqalifications
- At least three years experience in a similar position
- Matric and related tertiary education in digital content, communications, or marketing
- Ability to manage social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) is essential
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is advantageous
- High-level understanding of performance media (Facebook and Google), email communication strategies and overall digital insights and analytics
- Domain knowledge in retail, online advertising and eCommerce with strong affinity to the Cape Union Mart Brand
Content management and delivery
- Plan, create and execute a digital content calendar across social media, mailers and performance media that supports the marketing campaign calendar as well as the merchandise strategy.
- Coordinate small scale digital content productions in collaboration with internal design studio and external vendors, as and when required.
- Work with relevant teams to proactively ensure alignment of the content calendar across all channels on a regular basis and seek out alternative solutions when misalignments occur.
- Communicate all digital content requirements to the design team in the form of detailed creative briefs.
- Proactively manage the daily approval and feedback flow of digital content from studio to management for final sign off.
- Make sure all digital content adheres to industry best practice, is tailored to channel requirements (e.g copy limitations, formatting and layouts, legibility etc.) and free of grammatical errors.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all performance media assets to external agency, in accordance with approved media plan.
- Work with relevant community managers to leverage tactical opportunities to entice customer engagement or proactively address customer demands via social media.
- Maintain all social media pages to ensure all links and brand information is accurate, up to date and shoppable (where applicable).
- Support the use and optimisation of all available tools to drive online conversions, personalisation, automation and A/B testing in collaboration with internal support resources.
- Ensure accurate, effective and consistent use of UTM tagging across relevant channels.
- Monitor and take ownership of all relevant digital agency communication via the relevant collaboration platform.
- Monitor and analyse daily, weekly and monthly performance reports and liaise with the relevant teams / individuals to optimise performance and shift content plans where necessary.
- Keep up to date with new platforms or releases to ensure alignment with industry best practice and assess new opportunities as they arise.
- Continuously seek ways of improving processes and levels of service with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Communicate shared learnings with broader digital team to accelerate opportunities or efficiencies in the team.
- Actively participate in relevant meetings and drive the optimisation of the business by proactively contributing ideas, identifying areas to add value and driving continuous improvement
- Act as an ambassador of Digital Marketing within the business
- Live the values of the company through DARE (Delivering Awesome Retail Experiences), showing trust, innovation and passion
- Take ownership of own personal development by actively looking for opportunities to grow and develop with the organisation in order to be the best in the industry.
- Ensure an active vs passive steering of our content strategy in order to deliver on a world class standard.
- Provide input and feedback into roadmap and strategy as needed
- Goal oriented and self-motivated – must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable – must enjoy working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment
- Ability to work and build relationships cross-functionally and with a wide range of individuals with different skill sets
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility – track record of performance meeting targets and objectives
- ‘Can do’ positive attitude – eager to grow, learn and develop your skills
- Decisive, structured and organised, with a keen eye for detail
- Fast learner with a strong aptitude for systems
- Passionate about social media, digital content, eCommerce and retail
Posted on 09 Jul 15:23