Data Science Manager
Architect and build data-driven solutions as the next data science manager sought by a niche analytics consultancy. You will also be expected to compile project plans, write data science-related marketing material and contribute to research and development in the areas of cutting-edge Deep Learning/AI. The successful incumbent must have a BSc in a quantitative field with strong academic performance (Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.), 6-10 years’ experience in a similar role with practical experience in Advanced Machine Learning techniques and working with Big Data and proficiency in Python, SQL and Git.
- Ability to understand business goals and translate them into Machine Learning use cases and model design.
- Architect and build solutions for client problems and implement client-led strategies into business. This includes, but is not limited to, incorporating feature engineering, data engineering, BI, dashboarding and the building of supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning models.
- Document the work done, explaining all processes and interpretation of model results and model validation.
- Work closely with clients throughout various project phases and establish strong client relationships.
- Effectively communicate with different client audiences, and the ability to translate complex information and model results into non-technical, easy to grasp language.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, within the internal team and with client teams too.
- Lead the development of the Data Scientist team and foster an innovative and inclusive team culture.
- Attend sales and marketing meetings for potential projects.
- Compile project plans and ensure your team is staying on track.
- Occasionally write data science-related marketing material.
- Contribute to internal research and development efforts in cutting-edge areas including Deep Learning/AI.
- Minimum: BSc in a quantitative field with strong academic performance (Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.).
- Ideal: honours or masters in a quantitative field.
- Bonus: Qualified Actuary (no remaining exams to complete).
- 6-10 -Years' experience in a data science environment/role.
- Practical experience with Advanced Machine Learning techniques and working with Big Data.
- Experience managing at least 1 employee (Analyst, Junior Data Scientist, etc.)
- Minimum: Python, SQL, Git.
- Consulting experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in Financial Services industry is a plus, but not required.
- Ideal: HTML, Cloud (IBM, AWS, Azure, GCP), Containers (Docker, Kubernetes etc.).
- Bonus: SAS, R, Scala, PySpark, Scala, Java, C, Python Dash, R Shiny, Streamlit.
- Excellent business, communication and presentation skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 22 Jun 18:12, Closing date 22 Jul
087 351 0743