|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a compelling opportunity for a highly experienced Design Director/Creative Director at an awarded Branding & Design Agency in Cape Town. We’re looking for a highly experienced lead Creative with a proven track record of producing exciting strategic design solutions across the FMCG space. You will be an integral part of a leadership team that whose aim is to deliver purposeful design and create extraordinary brands. The ideal candidate will be a positive, solutions-driven individual, with a high level of creative thinking and above average interpersonal and mentorship skills. You will be required to have both a ‘hands-on’ design role while also overseeing and guiding the overall output of the creative studio, with the support of a senior design team. If you’re an amazing team leader with the gift to create and inspire extraordinary brand collateral and packaging design then we have an exciting opportunity for you – get in touch!
- Design original pieces
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects
- Manage own deadlines and other project under supervision
- Maintaining high standards and ensuring only the best work is released to the client
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up to date with the latest marketing techniques
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions
- Building an environment for the creative team to work in and overseeing their ideas and projects
- Taking responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of output across the agency or department
- Developing ideas for creative execution of briefs
- Pitching concepts to clients
- Design projects
- Overseeing several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and signing off on these projects before they are presented
- Liaising with the client service team and studio manager to keep them informed and to highlight any issues
- Understanding the commercial aspects of the agency
- Hiring and managing the creative team
- Manage, motivate and inspire the team to deliver on brief
- Manage and execute own projects
- Staying up to date with industry trends
- Delegate, supervise and review projects from other team members.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma from a reputable institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Creative Director
- Extensive packaging and branding experience
- Extensive BTL experience
- Strong presentation skills
- In depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models
- Able to inspire a team, gain the confidence of clients and push the boundaries of creativity
- A good grasp of all aspects of the agency process from strategy to final production
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Digital experience – advantageous
- A track record and varied portfolio of work that is recognisable
- An agency heritage – advantageous
- Stay up to date with software, industry developments and tools
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding budgets and commercial aspects of design execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with leading design software packages
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- Problem solving skills
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 Feb 13:41
+27 21 422 1037