Corporate Brand and PR Manager
Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences
University of Stellenbosch Business School
Corporate Brand and PR Manager: Marketing Division
The University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) was the first school from an African university to receive the prestigious Triple Crown of international accreditations, reserved for the top 1% of business schools worldwide. The school is committed to developing responsible leaders and responsibility and sustainability are key differentiators in our programmes, research and social impact activities.
We aim to provide a stimulating, inclusive and multicultural environment in which to shape future leaders through our teaching and inform through our academically-rigorous and societally-relevant research. We welcome applications from candidates who seek to make a difference through their academic endeavours, engage with society, and help us to be recognised as a source of value for a better world.
- Developing the communication / public relations strategy for the USB brand;
- Effectively managing discrepancies between corporate identity and corporate reputation using an appropriate marketing mix of elements;
- Developing annual implementation plans to deliver the strategy;
- Identifying customer segments and stakeholder-focused marketing innovation (internal and external);
- Developing appropriate performance metrics against set objectives;
- Managing the advertising and promotions budget;
- Managing brand CI and collateral;
- Developing and managing corporate advertising campaigns for the USB brand;
- Working with others to create compelling text, image and video content;
- Assisting with the optimal utilisation of SEO opportunities;
- Ensuring that relevant content is posted in accordance with the content calendar;
- Establishing and managing relationships with media/industry journalists;
- Managing incoming media requests;
- Working with the internal team to deliver events, within budget, that meet expectations;
- Networking and participating in industry events to build the brand profile;
- Customer experience management;
- Managing partnerships and sponsorships;
- Managing relationships with USB-related brands;
- Monitoring the USB’s and their competitors’ activities and suggesting improvements;
- Undertaking research and extracting insights and recommending improvements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Management, or an equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, marketing services, or brand management;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The proven ability to take initiative and to make an independent judgement in performing tasks;
- The delivery of outputs that comply with the highest quality standards;
- Professional conduct and a professional appearance;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, organised and methodical;
- A pro-active problem-solving outlook;
- The ability to function in a multilingual environment;
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Willingness to work after hours if necessary.
- Work experience in the business or university sector.
Commencement of duties: 1 October 2021
Closing date: 27 August 2021
Enquiries regarding this post: Owen Mbundu on 021 918 4225, or at [email protected]
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753, or at
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees) , must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 18 Aug 10:29