|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Company:||Joint Aid Management International|
Job descriptionPurpose of the position :
The primary role of the Communications Manager is the responsibility for planning, developing and implementing all JAM International communications and public relations activities, both externally and internally. Further to this includes the oversight of development and implementation of support materials and services needed by affiliate fund raising offices to inform their marketing strategies and implement successful marketing, communication and public relations campaigns to fund raise on behalf of JAM International
- Develop, roll out and manage JAM International’s communications strategy, under the oversight of the Group Executive Director, working with the Communications team and liasing with Affiliates and other executive offices where required.
- Oversee JAM International global media relations for the organization, under the oversight of the Group Executive Director, working closely with the Snr. Communications Specialist
- Oversee the flow of marketing support being channeled from the Global Support Office (GSO/JAMInt HQ) to Affiliates offices and Country Offices
- Manage the running of JAM International’s website and Social Media platforms
- Manage the creation of PR content, headline media materials and other communications related materials.
- Manage JAMInternational’s communications function to ensure that Affiliates (and where required Country Offices) are provided with the materials needed from JAM International to support their campaigns, promotions and sales efforts, as it relates to materials such as stories, video’s, photographs and other related materials used for private, corporate and foundational funding.
- Oversee JAM International’s internal staff communications
- Act as custodian of JAM’s Corporate Identity and ensure compliance across all JAM entities.
- Identify, appoint and manage all relevant service providers.
- Manage the communications team, including those at the GSO and in the Country Offices, to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Communications strategy.
- Oversee creation and production of all organisational Quarterly and Annual Reports
- Ensure development, maintenance and dissemination of up to date documents/fact sheets pertaining to each country of JAM programme operation as well as each JAM programme
- Establish, manage and maintain the central repository for all JAM International data/content needed to support Affiliate and Country Office fundraising, communications and public relations efforts
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and account management of JAM’s Affiliate Office and Country Offices, in order to support their fundraising, communications and public relations efforts
- Develop and implement an ongoing internal and external communication strategy for JAM International
- Manage Communications staff in Country Offices, ensuring good flow of up to date programme stories with supporting photos and video
- Manage the process of ensuring the Corporate Identify is kept up to date and that all JAM entities are compliant with the CI guidelines, including consistency with the JAM International narrative guidelines
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of Strategic Planning and Affiliate Conferences
- Manage communication schedules and workflow
- Provide Executive office with required and effective communication pieces
- Build Media Relations and a database of contacts for Press Releases etc.
- Oversee subject matter and themes for production of weekly devotions/staff communications and distribute to Affiliate and Field Offices
- Work with the Group Executive Director, in developing strategic plan of action for all productions
- Project management of all JAM International media material development, including internal scoping process, and the identifying, appointing, briefing and management of external service providers
- Manage the production of all JAM International internal communications production, using in-house team and external service providers
- Oversee development of effective information packages for all teams to use for presentations and PR
- All photo and video materials must be protected by the strict use of signed protection agreements.
- Oversee the planning, management and execution of all JAM International website and social media platform development and updates and report on performance thereof
- Ensure Website/s information is current/up to date
- Oversee planning, generation and dissemination of content for use on Social Media platforms and Website/s
- Manage external service providers for Website/s and Social Media
Financial management and administration – 10%
- Manage Communications Department budget and expenditure
- Construct budget for the following year in time for budget reviews
- Administration of staff time allocations, including team’s LDRs o Oversight also includes fixed and movable assets and the facilities at the JAM Studio
- Management of communications staff at GSO and Country Offices
- Performance management of all subordinates on a quarterly basis, reporting to Group Exec and HR
- Build and maintain good teamwork and reinforce the JAM’s culture
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Strong account management, project management and staff management skills
- English is essential, Portuguese and French preferred
- Good computer literacy level
- Detail orientated with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution
- Willingness to learn
- Self-starter with hands on business approach
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work additional hours to meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving ability o An understanding of effectively working across all platforms, including broadcast, print, online, digital and social media o Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Good work relationships with the ability to inspire and motivate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise without compromising on focus, efficiency and quality
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Communications, Communications Management or Marketing Experience required
- Minimum five years management experience
- Minimum five years account management experience
- Comms and/or marketing experience in NGO or corporate sector
- Project management experience
Closing date: 15 February 2021
Posted on 03 Feb 08:32
27 11 548 3943