*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within Southern Africa where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of the Business Analyst and Impact Reporting Specialist role is to analyze available data from different databases and report on the impact of World Vision’s contribution to child well-being. As part of this function, the Business Analyst and Impact Reporting Specialist will demonstrate best-in-class analytical skills around complex data and draw out insights that are relevant and useful to WV’s Southern Africa evidence building. This role will also maintain dashboards for Sponsorship, Sector, Grants and Ministry teams to monitor impact and communicate consistently and systematically across the organization and externally.
This role is responsible for analyzing registered children wellbeing field office reports to identify and share evidence of WV’s impact on the lives of children. This role works very closely with both the Regional Senior MEAL Manager and the Sponsorship Transformation and Child Protection Lead on data analytics and identifying trends. The Business Analyst and Impact Reporting Specialist will also have the responsibility of managing and coordinating cross-functional assignments from other regional teams including resource development to help solve complex problems through data analytics.
This role will also manage and provide expert advice the Southern Africa sector Communities of Practice (CoP) and other learning network. Managing will include ensuring sector CoPs are functional and meet regularly whilst expert advice will include but is not limited to collecting and sharing data, curating data, identifying and sharing lessons learned, identifying and validating promising and good practices for programme quality and impact reporting for the respective sectors. This role will support staff capacity efforts by increasing program quality capacity, contributing to subject matter expert identification, and planning online learning for CoP members and, Design, Monitoring & Evaluation and Sponsorship staff.
- Analyze internal, raw data and external datasets to develop new insights that will guide World Vision’s Southern Africa’s programming and operations.
- Conduct analysis, and create reports and input required to support evidence based decisions.
- Link diverse data sets to help WV leadership better understand operational dynamics, issues and possible solutions.
- Demonstrate best-in-class analytical skills around complex data and draw out insights that are relevant and useful.
- Collaboratively engage, share approaches, and work with teams of business and data analysts based across the region and Partnership to better understand alignment and identify areas where expertise can be used to assist and support project deliverables.
- Work with best-in-class analysis tools to identify lessons, impact, and observations etc. that are useful for decision making.
- Perform frequent quality checks to ensure the data reported by the Sector, Sponsorship and Ministry teams show correct, updated and accurate information.
- Develop quality and credible impact reports of program implementation across southern Africa.
- Analyze data to identify trends, themes and insights that speaks to the impact of WV’s Southern Africa’s programs.
- Develop and produce ministry impact reports in an accessible and concise way including necessary graphics.
Strengthen Knowledge Management:
- Embed learning and knowledge management culture that supports data utilization in field offices ministry programs.
- Support ongoing efforts in strengthening sector capabilities, knowledge management systems and cross sector/country learning.
- Maintain a body of knowledge across all sectors that informs, educates and equips staff to deliver ministry impact.
- Support field offices with effective approaches and resources for Evidence Days.
- Support documentation of sector ministry promising practices and package for impact reporting that is accessible to internal and external stakeholders.
Contribute to Strategic Projects:
- Contribute expertise to special projects or initiatives, as needed. This may include data analysis and producing reports for specific research projects or datasets, tracking or verification of changing trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Business Economics or Data Science, involving advanced training/experience in data management analysis.
- Experience in managing large databases and carrying out data analysis of humanitarian /development data sets using statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS/STATA, etc.).
- Experience in accessing databases (e.g., SQL) and retrieving data is highly desirable.
- Experience with data reporting and visualization tools and platforms.
- Experience in Power BI is an advantage.
- Strong, demonstrated skills in communicating complex data or findings to ‘lay’ audiences in clear, concise and accessible formats.
- Strong ability to view data at both the micro and macro level. Must be able to skillfully manipulate and analyze datasets, while also understand and communicate the implications of what the data is saying and why it’s significant at a program, sector, or organizational level.
- Skills working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiar with Big Data analytical tools, techniques, and methodologies to harvest, aggregate, normalize, and draw analytical insight.
- Experience with child sponsorship data.
- Project Management skills: demonstrates an ability to manage and track ongoing delivery of projects, work with MS Project, Sharepoint, MS Teams, Google Docs, and other similar tools; and able to present information on progress and status reports using effective language, and in a visually appealing and effective manner using PowerPoint and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience working with an international NGO, Previous experience working cross-culturally and with a variety of stakeholders (senior leadership, field, technical, marketing, communications).
- Strong communication skills, particularly written, but also in speaking with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience carrying out statistical analysis, writing research reports, and doing interpretive analysis of existing data sets.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.