|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an excellent job opportunity for a mid-weight Business Accountant at a hot, awarded ad agency in Johannesburg. In this exciting role you will be responsible for the delivery of effective financial services to the Financial Manager and other budget holders while ensuring the financial reporting to the customers’ Directors and Budget holders is accurate and to a high standard across all its activities. You will ensure sufficient financial advice and information is provided to enable effective financial management of the customers’ resources. Responsibilities also include reconciling of creditors/supplier accounts, preparing EFT payments and fill in as a back-up for Cash Book and Accounts Receivable departments. The role will see you ensuring the timeous collection of the banks debtors’ book in order to optimise cash flow, minimising risk, and reducing outstanding debtor’s book to an acceptable level. Ensuring the company policies and procedures are adhered to in respect of handling debtor accounts is key. Advertising or Media agency experience is a must!
Please note: this is a full-time position working from home (at present) and from the office 1 day a week.
Day to Day:
- Ensure all supplier invoices received are addressed correctly and contain all the statutory information required for correct processing
- Ensure that all invoices that are captured, have signed orders attached and that the value of the invoice does not exceed the value of the order
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency is always maintained when checking captured creditors invoices
- Ensure creditors reconciliations are done prior to any payment. The suppliers’ statement must be reconciled to the payment amount and the creditors ledger must be reconciled to the suppliers' statement
- Ensure that for all supplier payments made, we have received client payment, so that we manage the cash process
- All invoices for house costs, have been signed by the appropriate manager/director as required
- Ensure accuracy with processing of all artist invoices and that the PAYE is treated accordingly
- Ensure that the vat is captured correctly on the suppliers’ invoice
- Manage the creditors age analysis and always be aware of the creditors position
- Responsible for the 1st authorisation of creditors and house payments
- Credit control - accept and manage credit applications. Ensure that correct sign off has been obtained in every instance
- Ensure that supplier credit terms are adhered to and that queries are resolved quickly
- Develop relationships with suppliers and notify management of issues quickly
- Ensure that internal financial information is available as requested
- Ensure month end deadlines are adhered to
- Develop understanding and assist in the preparation of monthly profitability reporting and assist with responsible feedback
- Prepare all month end reconciliations, within the set deadlines of the month end close
- Perform all accounting duties up to Trail Balance level
- Assist with preparation for financial year end and audit
- Manage and drive billings the billings process, thereby managing WIP and cashflow
- Manage and drive the cash collection process, thereby minimising the outstanding debtors’ days
- Manage the accuracy of the allocation of all debtors’ receipts, within the AR sub ledger
- Manage the debtors age analysis and always be aware of the debtors’ position
- New clients - accept and manage credit applications, manage the debtors master file maintenance for new & existing clients.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Ensure that correct sign off and credit check has been obtained in every instance
- Ensure that company credit terms are adhered to by clients, that queries are quickly resolved, and banking is handled timeously
- Ensure that WIP is reviewed and that any queries are resolved and that any write-offs have been signed by the appropriate director
- Print and scrutinise unbilled CE lists on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all departments and managers have access to information required in a user friendly and efficient manner
- Advise where issues may arise in relation to supplier invoice and payments
- Continually review agency/supplier requirements and assess delivery against them, improving procedures where possible
- Ensure account handlers have access to information to aid in the billing process of income and WIP
- Advise where issues may arise in relation to WIP or aged debt
- Aid in the interpretation of the profitability and financial status of clients and jobs
- Continually review client requirements and assess delivery against them.
- Develop skills and knowledge within yourself through on the job development and active participation in the agency
- Provide feedback to the Financial Managers regarding improvements and efficiencies that could improve finance service delivery
- Create clear Goals for yourself and set out to achieve these
- Actively support team members as and when required and drive the success of the Finance department as a whole.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Qualifications: BCom Acc /Dip Finance or bookkeeping qualification
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working at an advertising agency – essential
- A sound knowledge of the relevant structures and processes in the agency
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision and as a member of a small team
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- The ability to adapt and work under pressure and deadlines
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- Microsoft Navision (not essential but preferred)
- Workbook (not essential but preferred)
- Must have worked on an Accounting System (e.g. Pastel, QuickBooks)
- Able to work remotely part of the time.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 20 May 14:04
+27 21 422 1037