|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
We have an absolutely fabulous opportunity for a senior Brand Designer at a global manufacturing and technology company based in Cape Town. The company is rebranding, rebuilding, and redesigning everything from the ground up – and they need someone to take charge of shaping their visuals and creating the aesthetic foundation for the entire business. As such, their lovely Marketing team is looking for a top-tier digital artist to execute beautiful visuals that catapult their world-class company into the stratosphere! The role includes the Brand Designer creating, managing, and maintaining all company visuals. The senior Graphic Designer will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer on the vision and execution of beautiful product imagery, concept art, infographics, branding, webpages, and supporting material. You will also work alongside a senior copywriter to accompany graphics and visuals. As senior Brand Designer you will personally execute visual work, as well as coordinating the efforts of external resources such as photographers, illustrators, 3D artists and UX designers, print, and product designers.
We’re looking for someone with the requisite through the line design, vector and graphic skills required to produce eye opening content. We’re talking beautiful product imagery, stunning illustration and concepts, tight brand design, and effortless flow of information, driven by a great eye for design, colour, and visual “x-factor.”
If you’re reading this, then chances are you’re a dynamic, creative, out-the-box-thinking graphic artist with an easy sense of humour, crazy literate Adobe skills, and a senior designer portfolio to prove it - we want to see it. If you are a visual jack-of-all-trades looking to sink your teeth into owning the aesthetics for a single company (with a single range of cutting-edge physical products), we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that this is an onsite role with flexibility attached (potentially the best of both worlds).
- Creating and updating the company brand, including logos, colours, fonts, tone, and iconography
- Owning and maintaining a library of brand and creative assets.
- Product photo editing, layouts, and creative applications
- Infographics, illustrations, and technical breakdowns
- Adverts, social media content.
Digital and UX
- The design of robust, UX-focused, brand supporting webpages, landing pages, and digital layouts is advantageous
- Creation of web and mobile-ready visuals, ready for upload.
- Clean, minimal presentations
- Letterheads, stationery, and signage
- One-pagers, whitepapers.
- Contributing to the aesthetics and overall design of our products
- The creation of supporting product material – manuals, guides, packaging, and labelling
- Technical product illustrations.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised institution
- Sketching abilities – able to quickly sketch or mock-up rough designs for approval
- Illustration skills: high-quality vector and raster artwork skills with clean lines, sparing use of anchor points, advanced line weight techniques, layer styles, and constrained colour palettes
- Layout/graphic design skills
- Excellent use of typography, colour theory, white space, image “tone and purpose”, and the use of layout to support the easy flow of information
- UX experience would be handy
- Microsoft Office
- Team collaboration tools such as MS Teams, Google, Slack or similar
- Video editing, exporting, and compression - beneficial
- Animation and motion graphics (After Effects) - beneficial
- WordPress - beneficial
- Print design - beneficial
- 3D modelling or rendering – Blender or similar- beneficial
- “That eye” for high-quality design – a must have
- Precise: clean lines, neat layering, consistency
- Organised: meticulous file naming, sorting, and categorising
- Great at giving and receiving constructive feedback
- A stickler for detail
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management
- When in doubt – Google is already open!
Please submit a PDF/link to a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 May 07:22, Closing date 8 Jul
+27 21 422 1037