Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is recruiting for a qualified Bid Coordinator for our parent group Chelsea. Find out more about the Chelsea Group at www.chelseagroupworldwide.com
- Founded in 1999, the Chelsea Group (R W Chelsea Holdings Ltd) is a family of companies that offers integrated, end to end solutions specialising in challenging environments. With operations in 69 countries, the Chelsea Group’s services include – risk management, crisis management, specialist HR & contracted services to humanitarian agencies, power generation, aviation security, leadership training, camp construction & management.
- The Chelsea Group’s shared Bid Team is looking to expand with a Bid Coordinator for Security Services. The office is currently located in Wynberg, Cape Town & consists of 6 people within Marketing & Bid Management. The team is in constant liaison with our Head Offices in Dubai, London & Cyprus, as well as our other entities in mainly the Middle East & Africa.
- The Bid Team is managed by the Bid Manager, who with the support of the Bid Coordinator & Bid Writer is responsible for the compilation of all proposals with the goal of winning new contracts in any of our countries of operation. This entails researching, preparing, writing, managing & submitting all necessary information required by clients or potential business associates, playing a key role in winning new contracts for the companies.
- Responsible for producing articulate & informative proposals containing a well defined overview of the company’s technical & managerial capabilities for prospective clients.
- Researching, preparing, writing, managing & submitting all necessary information required in response to client requests, supported by the Bid Manager & internal Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
- Assist in quality control of proposal documents to ensure compliance with the client’s requirements.
- Ensure bid & proposal documentation is formatted, collated & presented in a professional manner & according to the company’s marketing guidelines.
- Provides support & guidance on resource procedures, best practices, tools & methodologies.
- Maintains library of records, archives & proposal performance database for all company submitted proposals.
- Provides recommendations to the Bid Manager & Senior Management Team (SMT) on proposals.
- Support any other requirements of Commercial Team, e.g. creation of capability statements, communications on progress, or any other written work.
- The Bid Coordinator will report to the Bid Manager.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Peace Studies, Political Science, Social Science or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
Experience & knowledge:
- 3 to 5 years of experience required in a similar proposal development position.
- Knowledge of the security industry an advantage.
- Understanding / interest of the humanitarian sphere in conflict affected settings an advantage.
- Technical writing experience is required.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organisation.
- Requires the ability to oversee the work of others, as well as managing expectations & project deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask, grasp complex concepts, collaborate with SME’s & ultimately present solutions effectively in written & visual format.
- Commercially astute with sufficient understanding of commercial practices.
- Demonstrable excellent oral & written English communication skills.
- Manage time efficiently to ensure that multiple / conflicting deadlines are met.
- Articulate & capable of negotiating.
- Strong MS Office especially Word & Excel.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with huge initiative
- Structured & organised with attention to detail.
- Adaptable & flexible.
- Graphics skills highly regarded.
Other relevant information:
- We would ideally prefer candidates to be based in Cape Town, South Africa.