|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWe are looking for a senior backend developer with strong e-commerce background to take over and continue to develop a number of existing projects, as well as contribute to future development work and growth opportunities. Working with our retail clients such as Shoprite and Puma on bespoke backend solutions for their digital needs throughout the year.
The preferred candidate should be passionate about wrangling PHP code, enjoy setting up and maintaining Laravel and other tech stacks, boast good communication and planning skills, have e-commerce experience, and work both remotely or in an office environment within a small but fast-paced and expanding team. We develop both long-term enterprise projects as well as short-lived promotional jobs for our retail clients as required, often at the same time.
You will be expected to manage the day-to-day running of infrastructure and project stacks, spec and code solutions according to requirements and deadlines, and efficiently maintain new and existing e-commerce properties.
Oversee and maintain the AWS infrastructure, including cost management and reporting.
- Certificates and security keys
- POPI compliance
- Budgeting and spend monitoring on a per-job basis
- Three+ years of production experience with backend applications
- Experience deploying production applications using AWS EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Load Balancer, AWS RDS and AWS S3
- Experience setting up (automated) deploy pipelines to AWS (via Github/Gitlab) for frontend and backend applications
- At least three years’ experience maintaining complex production AWS environments with a strong focus on security and POPI-compliance
- Production experience in PHP/Laravel with a strong focus on big data API management and databasing
- Excellent knowledge of e-commerce solutions and surrounding technologies with specific emphasis on Magento, WooCommerce and Shopify. The candidate should have an advanced understanding of how the e-commerce flows work, how they are tracked and measured, and how to improve conversions. Sufficient understanding of the frontend technologies to update templates and upload content, although this will be a minimal part of your responsibilities
- Git and Github
- Some experience in using project tracking software
- The ability to work on both long-term agile projects and the short-term waterfall projects that make up some of our campaign work
- A track record that demonstrates dedication, innovation and problem-solving, and the ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and stay within scope
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail, including post-campaign reporting and dashboarding
Other positive qualities:
- An interest in games and gamification, particularly the issuing of rewards and prizes as well as A/B user data analysis and recommendations
- A desire to research and recommend new and exciting technical opportunities or advancements. We are all about working smart and constantly re-evaluating our tools
- The ability to work without constant oversight and meet deadlines assigned
- Good personal and project management skills
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV and salary expectation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within three weeks after submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
Posted on 16 Nov 10:06, Closing date 15 Dec