Core Knowledge & Skills:
CORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Freight and commercial skills of the ships agency industry.
- 7 - 10 years freight, marketing and liner/agency experience.
- High level of freight focus.
- High work accuracy.
- Computer/systems literate.
- Extensive knowledge of freight, marketing, agency, liner and admin processes.
- People and management skills.
- Strong customer relations
Reports – daily
- Finance reporting – invoicing in LMS
- Waiting bookings – send emails to marketing to firm up bookings
- Dummy RFA – check LMS to see which bookings need to be auto-rated by marketing
- Container vs booking report in LMS – check that once bill is split that booking is auto-rated
- Check dangerous cargo suspicious report and verify where applicable
- Check intra bookings / intra shipping instruction report and forwarding same to marketing / exports to action
- Check LSR report in LMS add-on to ensure that correct LSR is reflecting in the RFA’s
- Handling queries for imports / exports / marketing when staff unable too, or query was escalated to management
- Request waivers for reduction of charges / demurrage – importers as and when necessary ensuring attention to detail whilst summarising request.
- File waivers in LMS – once approval received from the Managing Director and request approval from appointed nominees
- Audit all freight files and check demurrage invoices
- Check the age analysis weekly and following up with clients that have long overdue invoices (request payment)
- Assist in filing import RFA’s to meet month end deadlines
- Assist by requesting approval from trade once RFA has been filed
Reports – monthly
- Conference prep (budget vs actual & container budget)
- OBL report for the MD
- Allocation report for the MD
- LMS fees report for finance department
- Branch report for MD
- Checking outstanding freight report once a month (import & export and dealing with outstanding issues) (weekly this is handled by Import and export Supervisors) or completed by the Assistant Branch Manager when required
- Checking demurrage reports once a monthly and following up on any outstanding issues
- Reefer Rebate Reports – monthly. Send to customers that have rebate programmes in place and get customer confirmation that stats correspond with their records. Raise any areas of concern where rebate target volumes look unlikely to be reached to Marketing and Branch Manager