Analyst Programmer - Sales Data
The technical expertise of a highly meticulous & solutions-driven Analyst Programmer is sought by a growing Retail Group for its Sales Data division. Your core role will entail interpreting complex user requirements & the design, development, maintenance and support of systems/applications. You will require a 3-year IT Diploma, 5 years' Programming experience, strong SQL, Web Services, XML, T-SQL & Azure skills, be able to build and interrogate SSIS & SSRS reporting, understand batch processes & scheduling thereof and have worked on projects or large continuous improvement initiatives & Project Management methodologies Agile & DevOps.
Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes & requirements -
- Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
- Design and code programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
Maintain and support existing systems -
- Interpret complex user requirements and translate into systems design.
- Investigate and solve complex systems issues.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
Ensures effective operations -
- Implement approved changes as per change control and security process.
- Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas.
Provide effective people management -
- Assist in managing the work effort of the junior Analyst Programmers and give input into the performance management process.
- 3-Year IT Diploma.
- 5 Years Programming.
- Specific analysis and development skills SDLC.
- Experience working on projects or large continuous improvement initiatives & Project Management methodology, (Agile & DevOps).
- Relevant business process context knowledge.
- General understanding of internet technologies & understanding of API Web Services.
- Experience in relational database design.
- Ability to build and interrogate SSIS & SSRS reporting.
- Strong SQL, Web Services, XML, T-SQL & Azure skills.
- Exposure to DevOps ways of working & tools (Azure, TFS).
- Strong documentation skills & a detail orientated acumen.
- A basic understanding of batch processes & scheduling thereof.
- A basic understanding of Retail operations, including store operations and working with large data sets.
- Ability to perform Standby Duty.
- Retail experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and collaborating skills.
- Ability to represent the area and drive pieces of work proactively.
- A self-motivated team player who can contribute future fit and innovative solutions to a dynamic technical landscape.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved.
- Synthesises data from different sources to identify trends.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed.
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Manages existing partnerships within established agreements or contracts; negotiates adjustments when mutually beneficial to do so.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance thro
Posted on 23 Jun 10:52
087 351 0743