Advertising Sales Manager/Publisher
|Remuneration:||negotiable basic plus commission|
|Location:||Cape Town, Tokai|
|Remote work:||Remote work allowed optional|
Job descriptionConcrete Trends published by dmg events, is a business-to-business multimedia platform comprising a print and digital trade magazine and website, that has been servicing the concrete industry for over 23 years, with a news and information website and a weekly e-newsletter making it the most credible voice of the industry. We are looking to appoint an advertising sales manager / publisher as an independent contractor for the period June 2022 - February 2023 with the aim of developing this into a permanent position in 2023.
The publisher takes on the responsibility for the overall commercial, and financial, performance of the Concrete Trends brand (printed journal, digital and online). They will proactively sell print and online advertising space to existing and new customers. The publisher is required to build excellent sustainable client relationships and interact with senior business decision makers in a credible and commercially focused way.
If you are interested in having a discussion with us, please submit the following as part of your application.
1) Covering letter giving us context on a) Why you feel you are a good fit for this role? b) Current salary (indicate your basic salary and average monthly commission) c) Notice period/availability
2) Short resume – 3 pages max with contactable references. Please append copies of your tertiary qualification(s).
Below is an outline of the role
Advertising Sales Management
- Actively sell advertising packages for the printed, digital magazine and for the online product:
create cross-platform marketing campaigns across all products under the brand for customers; co-ordinate integrated sales deals across products under the brand; service and manage key customers and implement pre and post sales CRM, sales, and marketing activities.
- Maintain good relationships with direct clients and advertising and PR agencies to ensure continuous business growth.
- Coordinate with Head of Sales: Construction, Portfolio Director and the Managing Editor pricing strategies, feature opportunities and overall brand and product development opportunities.
- Ensure on-time delivery and quality of advertisements.
- Develop sales strategies to achieve the short- and long-term sales revenue objectives.
- Review the sales processes and suggest improvements.
- Communicate regularly with customers and management to discuss advertising project progress, status, and issues if any.
- Develop innovative and creative ideas for increasing sales.
- Work with Portfolio Director to manage the budgets and P&L.
- Determine new sales opportunities by studying the latest market trends and prioritise customers based on revenue potential.
- Plan the advertising account activities such as identifying customers, managing resources, and setting deadlines.
- Determine sales forecasts and present the figures for reporting.
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals for customers.
- Work with the Managing Editor to develop and implement reader / visitor growth strategies (numbers, profiles, and geography).
- Ensure that the magazine is distributed appropriately in conjunction with the coordinator and that all processes are followed to ensure that the annual distribution audits are completed.
- Work with the editor and coordinator to ensure accurate pagination (i.e., ads are correctly placed / correct editorial is in correct place).
- Build and develop partnerships and relationships with key stakeholder organisations including associations, clients, events which as a platform for marketing, distribution and business development as well as giving us access to editorial.
- Introduce and develop print and digital business opportunities to extend the brand
- Facilitate a ‘Corrective Action Plan’ post publication.
- Represent the brand at industry events and functions.
- Identify and escalate publishing challenges early, succinctly and with a potential resolution.
- Keep the internal CRM up to date with relevant client data.
- Work with the Portfolio Director to better integrate the publication presence at dmg events’ own events and ensure the magazine is adequately represented.
- Work with the Managing Editor to develop and then execute on an editorial and features plan that has commercial viability and appeal.
- Report back and meet weekly with Portfolio Director Head of Sales: Construction to discuss progress and feasibility of features.
- Supply weekly report backs to the Portfolio Director and flag any risks and gaps.
- Engage with key industry stakeholders (government, associations) to garner support and ensure that the publication has a profile.
- Ensure appropriate follow up is done with stakeholders pre and post printing (including relevant approvals on articles, post publication PR etc).
- Work with the Managing Editor to ensure that relevant advertisers are correctly placed within the publication.
- Ensure that an audit is done with the accounts team and that a process of checking materials, special positions is rolled out and followed and that clients are correctly billed and invoices.
The person: We are looking for a driven, team-player with an attention to detail and an understanding of marketing principles, to join an exciting sector and support a highly skilled team.
The fit/culture: Our culture is an entrepreneurial one. We are looking for a smart professional who is able to think outside of the box, and develop and execute a marketing strategy seamlessly. They need to be willing to work hard, have fun and focus on building great products that add value to the sectors we serve. Our environment is fast-paced and pressurised.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying for this role, please consider your submission as unsuccessful. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to everyone.
- Tertiary qualification (Industry related)
- SA residence / visa and ability to work.
- 5+ years in senior sales role
- Experience on using various CRM systems.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Own transport and car.
- Clear criminal and credit record.
Company Descriptiondmg events is an international group delivering 80-plus market-leading exhibitions and thought-provoking publications for diverse industries including construction, design, hospitality, transport, mining, coatings and energy.
Posted on 03 May 11:59, Closing date 13 May
ApplyOnly emailed applications accepted
Only emailed applications accepted