Structural Designer – POP
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||African Mediums Advertising|
Job descriptionA well-established design, print, production and branding company based at Durban in Davenport seeks the services of a Structural Designer – (POP experience – corrugated and semi perm). This is a permanent position in a fast-paced, on-demand Sector, which is very deadline driven.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the creative/design team and be required to accurately create exciting Innovative Structures.
- The structural designer will be required to combine innovative, Creative Artistic Talent together with research and have a general understanding industry needs
- Excellent structural design knowledge
- Knowledge of structural CAD Software or Kase Make or Artois Cad, or similar software and strong point of purchase computer design experience
- Knowledge of commercial packaging and printing industry an advantage
- Must be able to combine practical knowledge with artistic ability to turn abstract ideas into formal designs for displays
- Work closely with the team, other graphic 3D designers to turn their concepts into cost-effective, production-friendly solutions
- Work on fast-paced production which is very deadline driven
- Ability to make up all POP Samples and pre-production Sampling
- Must be able to work well under pressure and ability to meet deadlines
- Computer-aided design (CAD) Artois CAD or other, Similar
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Must be familiar with large format printers, various material types and size constraints
- Hands-on ex – The ability to collaborate closely with the development team implementing your designs
- At least three to five years' experience in the POP industry
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator experience advantageous
Posted on 28 Jul 07:38