Senior UI Designer
|Location:||Cape Town, De Waterkant|
An exciting career opportunity for a meticulous UI designer.
Creative Spark is a close-knit team of driven individuals that work with well-known South African and global brands, corporates and startups, and no two projects are ever the same. We form part of the M&C Saatchi Group of Companies, with our specialisation being medium-large enterprise product development.
We thrive on creativity and collaborative relationships with our clients and we’re passionate about results-driven, conceptual thinking and pixel-perfect design. What sets us apart from many agencies is that we work in a lean and agile environment, and we like to move fast!
We are looking for a talented senior UI designer with four+ years of relevant work experience to join our team. Candidates must have the ability to create simple solutions to complex problems. A basic understanding of development principles would also be advantageous. If you’re a strong team player and you operate best where people, design and business meet, we’d like to hear from you.
You should love what you do and thrive in a team environment. You get excited about user interface design and constantly research for the latest, fresh, interface designs.
You are proficient in Sketch and Invision, as well as up to date with tech and design trends across web, mobile and iOS. You should be a good communicator and possess the ability to sell your designs to clients and your team members alike.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualize interface designs for both mobile apps and responsive websites
- Development of detailed style guides consisting of custom iconography, fonts styles, button styles, etc.
- Establish and promote interface design guidelines and best practices
- Lead the visual development of the client’s brand in a digital language
- Relevant tertiary education
- Four+ years of experience working as a product/UI designer
- High crafting standards, superior attention to detail
- Good understanding of UX best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable dealing directly with clients
- Good project and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, good at problem-solving
- Willing to learn continuously
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Self-motivated towards the achievement of established goals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
While we look at every CV submitted to us in detail, given the sheer volume of applications we’re not able to respond to every applicant personally. Rest assured that if we like what we see, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Alternatively, we’ll keep your details on record for future consideration.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Visit the Creative Spark website ( ) for further information about their offering, clients and team.
Posted on 09 Jul 09:43
+27 21 421 1024