Senior Data Analyst
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Looking to make a difference and engage in meaningful work?
Well this is your opportunity to join a South African not-for profit organisation where your contributions will have a direct and significant impact on the lives of others… They’re not what you’d typically expect from an NPO. This is a well-managed and well-funded crowd, leveraging cutting edge technologies and partnerships with SA’s big name corporates to play their part in solving one of the country’s biggest challenges – youth unemployment…
The working environment has been praised as being warm and friendly with excellent work/life balance, a great team and an overall superb company culture.
As part of the product development team you’ll work alongside a team of +/-45 like-minded IT professionals, utilising your skills in SQL and Python or R to derive insights and actionable intelligence from large, complex data sets in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics or mathematics or information systems or similar
- Six+ years’ commercial experience as a data analyst
- Expert level skills in SQL
- Solid knowledge of machine learning principals/techniques applicable to data analysis/data analytics
- Intermediate to expert knowledge in either Python or R
- Expert level skills in data visualisation, report and dashboard development
- Ability to explain complex, technical subject matter to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong understanding of statistical measurements used during feature selection and transformation
- Collaborate with stakeholders to break down and understand business problems prior to exploring and designing data-driven solutions
- Data preparation and clean up using Python, R or SQL
- Draw comparisons and evaluate different algorithms used in machine learning
- Assist BI team with any analytics difficulties that may arise during BI report writing
- Compile and document analytical research reports independently and storytelling through data
- Design and build dashboards and reports to enable the business
- Ad hoc analysis to assist business to make better, data driven decisions
Contact Craig Nel on [email protected] to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 22 Oct 12:18
011 436 3633