Sample Room Supervisor
|Job level:||Management (Jnr - Mid, 1-4 yrs)|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
A new opportunity has just become available in our new design centre for a competent, innovative and thorough sample room supervisor who can add value to our Cape Union Mart Group.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a similar environment with strong leadership and communication skills. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to significantly contribute towards the achievement of our department and business objectives through working between the design, development and production teams to ensure all products are sealed on time according to the critical path.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for the planning, scheduling, prioritising and flow of samples through the sample room from patternmakers to finished garments.
- Design room: Managing the team of pattern makers, graders and marker makers. Managing the sample room of cutters and sample machinists. Establish and maintain a clearly defined pattern lifecycle process. Provide a daily production plan and workflow for the design and sample room team based on business priorities. Setting and recording daily production targets for each business process. Maintain complete records of all samples and sample room activities. Maintain accountability for all fabrics, trims, and sundry inventories. Maintain the sample room in a clean, organized, and professional manner.
- Research and design: Provide technical advice and support in pattern making, fitting and garment construction before sample handover. Sign off all pre-production samples including the corresponding tech pack. High-level competitor awareness Solving construction problems according to designer comments Identifying and applying the most suitable processes to solve manufacturing problems. Ensure pre-production samples are developed according to the established fit & quality standards as well as complying with the cost specification. Lead seasonal fit and grading reviews with the wider teams and action feedback where required. Overview of the Shipment Sample and AQL inspection process carried out by the Garment Technologist. Offering guidance on quality levels and helping with workload during busy periods.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Grade 12
- Tertiary clothing/textile/garment construction qualification
- Preference will be given to candidates who have five+ years’ experience in a similar role
- A valid drivers licence (advantage)
- Experience working in a clothing retail environment is an important requirement
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages is required
- Medium to high level of Excel experience (advantageous)
- A working knowledge of garment/pattern construction is essential
- You will have an in depth understanding of
- Sample briefs
- Have an overview of the production AQL inspection process, offering guidance on quality levels
- Printing and EMB
- Fabric knowledge relevant to cutting and sewing techniques
- An understanding of patterns/pattern making and grading
- Strong garment construction experience
- QA standards and workmanship
Job related competencies
- Working knowledge of the retail cycle and clothing construction principles and processes.
- A passion for keeping up to date with local and international market trends
- Proactive and lateral thinker
- Ability to build and maintain influential relationships at various levels and across business functions
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Proven prioritisation and time management skills
- The agility and resilience to maintain high levels of drive and initiative under pressure
- Strong planning and organsational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Strong leadership qualities and acceptance of responsibility and accountability
- Display flexibility and intuition both in dealing with planning schedules, staff and customer demands
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- The ability to work within a team environment.
Posted on 08 Jul 11:45, Closing date 6 Aug