Risk Analyst - Modelling/Analytics
|Location:||Cape Town, Mowbray|
Utilise advanced analytical techniques while developing and monitoring predictive models as the next Risk Analyst sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group to forecast market trends and mitigate its credit risk. The ideal candidate must have Scorecard Development & Modelling experience and have the ability to perform statistical analysis on large datasets for complex modelling purposes or forecasting using SAS/SAS Macros, SQL or other Data Analysis tools. You will also require a Degree in Maths/Engineering/Stats/Economics or similar field with 5 years’ relevant work experience including scoring techniques in consumer lending, preparing data-driven credit policy recommendations and preferably bureau data and developing customer insights from it. Any industry exposure within the Financial Services/Retail industry and Python/R proficiency will prove beneficial.
- Work within a team of Risk Analysts on best practice Credit Risk Management principles and statistical analysis.
- Undertake analysis to determine the impact of strategy changes to areas of application and account management strategies.
- Develop and monitor predictive models aimed at the optimisation of risk decision-making.
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outlining findings and making recommendations for improvements to senior stakeholders.
- Investigate data integrity issues, test assumptions and validate analytical results, ensuring accuracy and sensitivity of findings.
- Use advanced analytical techniques such as modern Data Mining, Pattern Matching, Data Visualisation and Predictive Modelling tools to produce analyses and algorithms that assist with the business decisions.
- Setup experimental designs to answer key business questions.
- Forecast and monitor market trends using statistical techniques.
- Assist implementing strategy changes to live decision systems.
- Assist with Application and Behavioural Scorecard Development and Testing.
- Perform complex statistical analysis to support decision-making and mitigate credit risk.
- Coach and mentor Junior Analysts (if applicable).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an applicable field of study: Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research, Actuarial Science or Finance (CA (SA), CIMA, CFA etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience:
- Scoring techniques in consumer lending.
- Credit Risk analysis on unsecured lending products
Preparing data-driven credit policy recommendations for Senior Management and delivering compelling presentations.
- Experience/exposure to bureau data and developing customer insights from.
- Manipulating and analysing data using SAS, SQL, SAS Macros or other Data Analysis tools for complex modelling purposes or forecasting, i.e., ability to perform statistical analysis on large datasets.
- Ability to explain complex statistical information.
- Draw data from systems and do analysis on information retrieved.
- Quality control of output data.
- Compilation of reports based on information retrieved and analysed.
- Knowledge of statistical and mathematical models and methodologies.
- Exposure within the Financial Services/Retail industry.
- Python or R skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Interpretation of analysis and ability to communicate insights with senior stakeholders.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work to, and manage, deadlines.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery is vital.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 04 May 14:57, Closing date 3 Jun
087 351 0743