Researcher - Fixed-Term Contract
A reputable travel and tourism agency seeks a strategic-thinking Researcher with experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research to fill a fixed-term contract role. Your core focus will be to execute various research projects, working closely with the research manager as you endeavour through the use of analytical tools such as Excel, questionnaires which you have helped design and data collection, to bring actions and strategy derived from insights to the forefront. You must possess a degree/postgrad degree in business science/economics/tourism or related tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role including project management, presentations and basic cost and time management.
- Work together with stakeholders to translate business questions and challenges into research designs that will provide insights and solutions.
- Lead the design and development of questionnaires.
- Moderate qualitative projects, including 1-on-1 interviews and online discussions.
- Analyse data using Excel and other analytical tools to highlight actionable insights.
- Co-ordinate and work with suppliers.
- Collect data from stakeholders and conduct desktop research.
- Develop presentations, including charts and graphs from data.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- A degree or post graduate degree in business science, economics, tourism or a related field.
- Minimum of 3–5 years’ experience working in the research industry.
- Experience in conducting Quantitative and Qualitative Research.
- Project Management skills.
- Basic commercial skills (Cost and Time Management).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Tourism industry experience will be highly advantageous.
- Drivers licence is advantageous.
- Analytical ability.
- Relationship building skills.
- Teamwork and negotiation skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 15 Jun 14:56, Closing date 15 Jul
087 351 0743