Junior Coordinator - Programmes
|Benefits:||Company laptop and Retirement Annuity contribution|
|Type:||2 years Pu|
Job descriptionPurpose of the position:
- To provide support, coordination and monitoring and evaluation of programmes and projects under the Innovation Support portfolio of Innovate Durban
Effective coordination of key programmes and projects
- Administration, coordination and logistics of relevant programmes and projects, and effective use of electronic project management tool
- Facilitate / Support the facilitation of workshops
- Report writing for individual Programme Areas and Platforms and Consolidated reporting
- Research into new trends, opportunities and any other relevant content
Partnerships and networks that ensure sustainable opportunities for the organisation and beneficiaries
- Support the identification of new partnerships for the organisation and for projects and programmes
- Support in maintaining existing partnerships
- Liaise with stakeholders under guidance of the Programme Lead
- Monitoring stakeholder relations and engagements
- Effective administration (including financial information) associated to projects and programmes
- Keep and maintain accurate records and documentation
- Compiling minutes, preparing reports as required
- Provide administrative support to the Research and Impact Lead
- Assist in coordinating, monitoring and collecting data and information related to the M&E Framework and Theory of change of the organisation and programmes/projects.
- A qualification in a relevant or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in project coordination
- One year facilitation experience
- Knowledge and experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Experience and ability to work with stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Experience and ability to work with youth
- MS Office proficiency
- A demonstrated commitment to professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Good communication, inter personal and project coordination skills
- Ambitious and goal-oriented, always looking to push yourself to achieve the most you can in your role
- Focused and motivated to work to targets
- Ease in maintaining good, positive working relations with colleagues
- Ability to juggle priorities and work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Interest in innovation and entrepreneur development
- Interest in socio-economic development
Company DescriptionWho we are and why work for us?
Innovate Durban is a Non-profit Organisation aimed at supporting innovators and developing the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in KwaZulu-Natal.
We are a young company with a bunch of people who are passionate about innovation and highly motivated to implement programmes that support innovators in Durban. We are driven by a continuous need to deliver high quality work and work that adds immense value and impacts the lives of others.
Furthermore, collaboration within our company and with others is a critical part of how we work. Our work is fast paced, forward looking and highly rewarding!
We are needing to fill the role of Junior Coordinator - Programmes in the organisation to ensure that we continue providing direct support to innovators and the development of their innovation. So, if you are a motivated, innovative individual, that is open to collaboration and has good
work ethic and integrity, then you may fit right in!
Posted on 13 Jul 15:46