Critical Thinking/Media Studies Lecturer - Independent Contractor
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionCode/Reference: CTAMSL03
Applications accepted until: 2021-06-17
Number of Openings: 1
Campus/Business Unit: Vega School - Pretoria Campus
Direct Reporting Line: Head: Academic
- Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes
- Honours Degree or Post Grad Diploma in Communication and Media Studies, or Social Sciences (must have media related modules)
- Critical Studies encourages students to think critically, argue, understand and mold messages.
- Lecturers facilitate the use of critical argument and academic rhetoric from a sociological perspective to guide students to interrogate how popular media presents theories regarding social dynamics.
- This module focuses on 'Media Studies'.
- Computer literacy essential, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required for academic administration and delivery; knowledge in image, sound or video editing software an advantage
- Experience in either Media Studies, Social Studies, Gender Studies or Philosophy at post-graduate level.
- Media modules are essential, research modules an advantage.
Key performance area:
- Preparation and lecturing as per the Module Guide
- Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours and stipulated per pre agreed timetable
- Briefing students for assignments and providing feedback
- Marking assessments and providing feedback
- Presenting class marks and feedback to the Programme Managers
- Actively engaging with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within The IIE VEGA environment.
- Campus environment.
- Preferably equity candidate.
Posted on 21 May 15:03