Critical Thinking/Media Studies Lecturer – Independent Contractor
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionCode/reference: CTAMSL02
Applications accepted until: 1 January 2021
Number of openings: 1
Campus/business unit: Vega School – Pretoria Campus
Direct reporting line: Head – Academic
- Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes
- Honours degree or postgraduate diploma in Communication and Media Studies, or Social Sciences (must have media-related modules)
- Computer literacy is essential, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required for academic administration and delivery; knowledge in image, sound or video editing software an advantage.
- Experience in either Media Studies, Social Studies, Gender Studies or Philosophy at post-graduate level.
- Media modules are essential, research modules an advantage.
Key performance area:
- Preparation and lecturing as per the module guide
- Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours and stipulated per pre-agreed timetable
- Briefing students for assignments and providing feedback
- Marking assessments and providing feedback
- Presenting class marks and feedback to the Programme Managers
- Actively engaging with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within The IIE VEGA environment.
- Campus environment.
- Preferably equity candidate.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of applying. Should you not hear from us in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 09 Dec 10:47