Corporate Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
|Company:||Sturrock Grindrod Maritime (Pty) Ltd.|
Interested in working with us? We offer a professional and creative environment dealing with cross-disciplinary projects which requires out-of-the-box thinking and a culture that values the importance of design.
Are you passionate about design and how it can transform a company’s customer journey through the experience created? Do you believe in creating a brand and a company that people love? Do you have a strong work ethic and want to make a difference?
Our aim is to add value and contribute to the success of the company and we are only able to do that with committed team members who thrive on passion and drive.
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of this dynamic team – apply now.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Managing and processing a job from design to print.
- Be adept at bringing the brand to life across multiple touch points.
- Follow exact design instructions according to brief.
- Set up job from initial concept, presentation for client and finished art to suppliers.
- Produce designs on or before deadline.
- Quality control designs before going to client.
- Prepare artwork for print according to printer specifications.
- Create mock-ups for client and suppliers.
- Following up with printers/suppliers on delivery of print/work.
- Develop concepts that are both creative and suitable for client needs.
- Be confident to sign-off proofs at press.
- Taking briefs from account handlers, senior designers or clients.
- Working both independently and with other creative team members.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to work on multiple streams of work at once.
- Diploma/degree in graphic design or relevant qualification from an established recognised institute.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in relevant market category.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in corporate design.
- Photography is an advantage but not essential.
- Well-rounded in Creative Cloud (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Good Microsoft Word® and PowerPoint® skills is an advantage but not essential.
- Needs a thorough knowledge of printing processes and experience in briefing photographers, illustrators, art workers and retouchers.
- Strong conceptual skill.
- Strong typographical skill.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy is very important.
- Present creative work.
- Have a collaborative approach and the ability to problem solve and think strategically.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when required.
- Have a career-driven outlook (pro-active research and continuous self-improvement)
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management.
- Takes accountability.
- Self-motivated (ambitious) and passionate.
- Focused and positive.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Business insight (corporate design – design with purpose).
Posted on 13 Oct 12:49, Closing date 31 Oct