This is an opportunity for a recent graduate to gain work experience in a fast-paced research environment. The Research Assistant Intern will provide IT support to the Sesikhona project, particularly the end users of the Sesikhona app.
Job Title: Research Assistant Intern
Location: Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: SOM/RESASSISTINTERN/01/JAN/2022
Contract Type: Contract
This position will work closely with the Project manager and app developers.
• Provide end user IT support to Sesikhona participants
• Monitor if study devices are uploading data continually
• Troubleshoot and problem solve study devices that are not uploading study data
• Call or visit participants whose study devices are not reporting to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Set up new mobile devices for enrolment and fill out appropriate inventory sheets in a timely manner
• Carry out stress testing, performance and functional testing of the study app prototypes
• Provide feedback to software development project team and study project team
1. A degree or Diploma in Information Technology or related field.
2. Valid South African Code 08 Drivers’ Licence
1. Experience in end user testing
Application Deadline: 10/01/2022
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.