Web Content Editor/Designer
|Benefits:||Pension, Medical aid|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Company:||University of the Witwatersrand|
Job descriptionThe University of the Witwatersrand is seeking to employ a dynamic, professional web designer and content editor to join the Web team who will contribute to the ongoing design and content editing on the Wits website –the University’s most important public-facing marketing tool, with 2022 being a particularly significant year, being our Centenary year.
The incumbent’s role will be:
To contribute to the ongoing overall design, development and improvement on the website to both existing sites and new subsites that may be required thus enhancing the user journey and increasing user engagement.
To be responsible for writing new and repurposing existing content on the Wits website to ensure it is relevant and optimised for web.
Ensure all style guidelines are adhered to and contribute to the overall strategic direction and governance of the site.
The incumbent will also assist in auditing existing sites in order to improve content as well as redesign sections of the site following consultation with the client.
- Degree in marketing, journalism, communication or related field
- Minimum eight to ten years in a web and marketing related environment where web design with a strong visual understanding and writing for the web are the core competences and is able to demonstrate this
- Excellent writing and editing skills and strong command of the English language, with an understanding of the special requirements of understanding audience user journeys, writing for the web, such as the use of keywords, SEO, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity in order to optimise the user experience
- Knowledge and experience in content management systems and web architecture, web languages and graphic editors e.g. HTML, CSS, photoshop; image editing skills
- Creative and design skills, multimedia skills being an advantage
- Good organisational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, determine own work priorities, work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Google analytics and other open source analytical tools
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques
- Understanding of web social media interactive technologies and their integration within the University context - best practice, social integration
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of internal clients
Posted on 13 Jan 15:49, Closing date 26 Jan