|Remuneration:||R16000 - R28000 per month negotiable to be discussed|
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
Job descriptionWe are a plain language writing company that provide communication support to a range of financial services and healthcare clients. We also do work for some others, but our core focus is on helping our clients communicate technical content in an accessible way. We do this using plain language, information design and other tools.
We are looking for someone who has financial services experience and/or healthcare industry experience who loves unpacking complicated content and explaining this in a more accessible way for our clients and consumers.
You need to have an appropriate financial services industry qualification and a tertiary degree, and experience as a technical writer. You need to be passionate about learning new things every day and being immersed in the content. You need to be focused, have attention to detail, be deadline-driven and be receptive to client, peer and audience feedback.
The role would require you to be able to:
- Determine the needs of audience/users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers as needed
- Work with technical staff to make information and products easier to use and thus require fewer instructions
- Write and organise supporting content for products
- Edit, standardise, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Use drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users understanding of the material
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos or diagrams
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather user feedback to update and improve content
- Revise content as new issues arise
- Technical writing experience
- Financial services experience
- Plain language writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about explaining complicated content
Posted on 04 Jan 13:46, Closing date 5 Mar