IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Excellence Coordinator
Reference No.: R428
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Technical Excellence Coordinator provides administrative, systems and project support to a department of approximately 30 public health professionals. This position assists with a variety of administrative tasks and processes, such as organizing department intranet sites; supporting use of software systems; and scheduling and supporting meetings and workshops, both in person and through virtual platforms.
- The coordinator also assists with budget development, expense tracking, invoice processing and vendor/consultant contract setup. The coordinator proactively identifies improvements to processes and systems that support effectiveness and efficiency of the department. The coordinator supports the Senior Program Manager with department-level coordination and communication, including creation of monthly newsletters. Provided support should strengthen the department, teams and individuals’ capacity to focus on organizational objectives.
- Maintains and updates databases; organizes online files and maintains intranet sites; supports use of software systems, liaises with other departments to problem solve and address system issues
- Coordinates logistics for domestic and international meetings and conferences, including vendor selection, contract set-up, coordination of participant travel, tracking expenses against budgets and flagging budget issues with project manager
- Coordinates webinars and other virtual meetings, including keeping a department webinar schedule, organizing interpretation, and supporting the use of virtual conferencing platforms.
- Supports internal meetings by scheduling, note-taking, room set-up, preparing meeting materials, providing A/V support, and running virtual meeting software
- Assists with adherence to organizational deadlines, policies and procedures, such as procurement
- Submits requisitions and payment requests and tracks vendor payments
- Tracks various email accounts and routes messages to appropriate parties
- Provides project assistance, including creating and monitoring project schedules, developing and formatting materials and coordinating translations as needed, monitors risks/issues and supports problem solving; tracks level of effort and expenses against budgets, creates and updates expense tracking spreadsheets
- Coordinates and supports completion and internal approval of donor proposals and reports
- Administrative duties such as shipping, travel arrangements, data entry, formatting references, etc.
- B.A., B.Sc, or other baccalaureate/undergraduate degree
- 2 years of administrative experience; 1 year of project management experience including budget support
- Ability to travel 10%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Event planning experience
- Experience with conferencing/virtual meeting platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, verbal and written
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- Readily learns new software systems and technologies
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiency
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Non-profit experience, especially experience with donor proposals/reports and budget tracking
- Working knowledge of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- International event planning experience
- French proficiency
- “I’ve got this” Attitude- You can juggle multiple competing deadlines without getting flustered.
- Lean- You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Communication & Collaboration-Actively listens and communicates -connects easily with her/his team and gains their trust and respect. Works well across all organizational teams. Demonstrates clear and concise information and idea sharing
- Flexibility- You are able to shift gears quickly as priorities shift.
- Detail-oriented – You have a strong attention to detail and maintain a high quality in your work.