Technical Artisan – (CIVIL, MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL)
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Kuilsriver, Brakenfell, Bellville|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionROLE SUMMARY
The Technical Artisan is responsible for all civil, electrical or mechanical related systems of the facility, including but not limited to maintenance, repair and instillation of equipment, devices and appliances.
- Perform repair, maintenance and installation of electrical machinery and equipment, devices and appliances.
- Perform maintenance tasks as stipulated in “Equipment Type Skills Assessment TGL v1.1”
- Ensure installation and basic maintenance of any facility equipment.
- Ensure repair and maintenance of basic and industrial “household appliances.
- Ensure routine maintenance on plant and machinery, as stipulated by servicing schedules of the equipment, and/or as requested by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Conduct inspection, fault finding and problem resolution of devices, equipment and appliances.
- Conduct preventive maintenance planning and implementation, according to Company Policy and Procedures, as determined from time-to-time.
- Conduct safety inspections on all portable electrical equipment according to specifications.
- Report on the condition and functionality of the any plant and machinery, including general electrical reticulation.
- Ensure cost control through proper preventative maintenance and fast and effective response to breakdowns.
- Perform a stand-by function in accordance to Policy.
GROWING WITH PASSIONATE PEOPLE
Personal and professional development
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development
- Keep up to date with Hospital evolving policies and procedures
- Ensure professional technical conduct at all times.
- Matric or related NQF level 4 qualification.
- National Trade Diploma as follows:
- Electro-Mechanician – National Diploma Electro Mechanician at NQF level 5.
- Electrical / Mechanical Artisan – Electrical / Mechanical Trade Test at NQF 4.
- Civil Artisan – Civil Trade Test at NQF level 3.
- Three years experience in a similar role.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act’s regulations relating to machinery.
- Knowledge of the R158 building regulations, specifically with regards to hospitalS
Posted on 18 Feb 12:10
021 590 4569