My client is looking for an experienced senior AWS Data Engineer/Solution Architect who understands data solutions at high level and can implement these from a technical perspective. Your team lead skills are essential in this role.
You will also be required to look at what new tools are required, testing these tools and exploring where the business needs to improve. You know how to standardise processes and isn’t afraid to fail to learn and is highly adaptable.
You understand that data is a 24/7 business and is looking for an organisation where you can work in a technically advanced environment. You’re comfortable taking a leadership role with technical people at all levels and working with both on-site and offshore teams.
Essential Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Relevant 3 year degree/diploma
- Team lead experience
- AWS Certification
- Strong AWS: EMR, EC2, S3
- Strong Business Intelligence experience
- Strong ETL processes experience
- Agile environment
- SQL writing experience
- Data modelling
- Design and develop data feeds from an on-premise environment into a datalake environment in an AWS cloud environment
- Design and develop programmatic transformations of the solution, by correctly partitioning, formatting and validating the data quality
- Design and develop programmatic transformation, combinations and calculations to populate complex datamarts based on feed from the datalake
- Provide operational support to datamart datafeeds and datamarts
- Design infrastructure required to develop and operate datalake data feeds
- Design infrastructure required to develop and operate datamarts, their user interfaces and the feeds required to populate the datalake.
- Team lead
- Solutions Architect
- Data Engineer
- Business Intelligence
- Data modelling
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Employer & Job Benefits
- provident fund
- 50% medical aid paid
- performance bonuses