Softsure Senior Database Administrator
We are a strong team of technology experts. We strive to be leaders in the insure-tech industry and continually look at ways to improve our processes and technology. We embrace challenges and fail fast. We value discipline, focus and resilience, and we always deliver. We honour each other and we do not compromise on unity.
- This position will require the successful candidate to be skilled in programming, software engineering, data architecture and data management.
- Analysing and meeting the organisations need for the management, input and security of data, and developing and identifying the tools that will support these needs. The candidate will oversee the optimization of SQL queries, database structure, backups and audits, to ensure that the database performs at optimum and remains accessible, secure and stable.
- Managing the development, health and performance of SQL databases
- Configure servers and processes to improve reliability and cut down on development times
- Uphold and enforce database standards for developers when it comes to structure, naming convention, best practice, including guidance on complex queries and processes
- Mentoring, training and knowledge sharing
- Conduct database troubleshooting and maintenance
- Using the requirements specification, design and structure the data and work closely with the developers to ensure the system meets these requirements
- Continually find ways to better handle data and increase system efficiency, aka optimizing queries, changing data structures and automating tasks
- Develop improved methodologies and institute best practices around database security and access
- Support release deployment activities
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Minimum eight years’ experience
- Data modelling and database design: creating a physical database design from a logical data model and application specifications
- Metadata management and repository usage
- Database schema creation and management
- Implementing robust backup and recovery procedures
- Ensuring data integrity
- Performance management and tuning
- Ensuring availability
- Exceptional SQL query writing skills, including Storprocs, functions, data types, etc.
- Data security
- Capacity planning: ability to predict growth based on application data usage
- General system and database management
- Networking and developer skills: TCP/IP, Web servers, firewalls, TLS, XML, C#, XML, APIs, REST, etc.
- Azure data services, ex. Azure MI, Azure VMs, Data Lake, Cosmos, etc.
What’s in it for you?
This roll is permanent/full-time.
- In return you will enjoy working in a business that not only is established and secure but also offers a great culture, be rewarded with opportunities to further develop your skills, and receive a competitive salary package.
- The company established and secure
- Based in the beautiful City of George, in the Garden Route
Posted on 11 Sep 15:19
|Dotsure is a focused investment holding company specialising in the short-term motor insurance industry.|
|Recent jobs by Dotsure||City||Date posted|
|Softsure Senior Database Administrator||George||11 Sep 15:19|
|Senior Database Administrator – DBA||George||10 Sep 07:23|
|Software Developers||George||08 Sep 08:17|
|Web Developer||George||04 Sep 11:04|
|C# Developer||George||04 Sep 07:15|
|Video Content Specialist||George||03 Sep 11:49|
|Key Account Manager||Johannesburg||03 Sep 11:48|
|Web Developer||Cape Town||03 Sep 09:59|
|Content Writer / Copywriter||George||02 Sep 09:28|
|Quality Assurance/Tester||George||02 Sep 08:53|