Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital (SKMTH) is the first quaternary healthcare facility established to address identified gaps in the healthcare industry in Botswana. SKMTH is registered as a company limited by guarantee wholly owned by the Government of Botswana established under the Companies Act Cap 42:01.
Job Title: Radiologist
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Reference #: SKMTH/JBV/2022/15
Contract Type: Contract
SKMTH‘s mandate is threefold:
• To deliver patient centered care for specialized healthcare services, at quaternary level
• To teach and facilitate the development of healthcare professionals.
• To invest in and create a conducive environment for medical research.
Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital (SKMTH) seeks to employ a clinically skilled and experienced leader, educator, manager, and
communicator for the position of Head of Radiology. The Head of Radiology(HOR) will have oversight of all care delivered by the Department of Radiology and will provide overall l management services. The HOR will be responsible for strategic planning, professional performance, business performance, medical education and clinical direction in the provision of Radiology Services and related services including CT, MRI, X-ray and other advanced imaging technologies.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this key senior role should be a highly qualified and experienced Radiologist with:
• Post medical degree qualifications in Radiology
• At least 10 years’ experience as a Radiographer in a Major Hospital including three years of management experience in charge of an acute care Radiology department
• Proven experience of managing a team, mentoring and teaching direct reports.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance Tools
• Experience in a teaching institution will be an added advantage
Application Deadline: 15/05/2022