Senior SEO Consultant
|Location:||Cape Town, Milnerton|
|Company:||Web SEO Online|
Job descriptionAn exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced, talented and confident senior SEO specialist to join our web SEO marketing team in Cape Town. You will work closely with the SEO manager, content writers and the rest of the digital team to improve our client's visibility and reach.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to develop a marketing strategy that is aligned with our clients’ business goals, with clearly defined KPIs.
Accurate measurement and clear progress reporting to our clients is key in daily, weekly and monthly SEO task management. A comprehensive understanding of Google Analytics is required!
Are you creative, meticulous and resourceful? Then this is the position for you
Our ideal candidate
- Is able to find creative ways to reach target markets.
- Is able to turn ideas into practical action plans.
- Is able to work both independently and in a team.
- Has excellent writing skills supported by a portfolio of previous work/projects.
- A degree in marketing will be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise simultaneous tasks.
- Strategising, implementing and monitoring search engine optimisation strategies for clients.
- Optimising various website components (site accessibility, keywords and links).
- Inbound link building campaigns and activities.
- Keyword research and competitor analysis.
- Constant monitoring of the campaign’s to ensure continual optimisation.
- Monitoring and setup of site analytics/Google Console tools.
- Client report creation and communication.
- Maintaining expertise in search engine news and trends, including learning and using new SEO tools and services as they become available.
- Monitoring and measuring the success of your client through Google Analytics.
- Analysing a website’s search performance for both desktop and mobile.
- Optimisation of CMS sites (WordPress experience is essential).
- Metadata and image optimisation.
- Optimise web and blog content.
- Developing and delivering SEO strategies across a variety of campaigns that align with clients goals and objectives.
- Completing website health checks and performing audits on existing SEO campaigns.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
Skills and experience
- A minimum three years of hands-on experience with strong technical, on and off-page SEO, and must currently be practicing in the field.
- Previous experience having conducted full SEO Audits for small to enterprise level websites.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager: three years.
- Google Analytics certificate.
- Google Adwords: two years.
- Google Adwords certificate (an advantage).
- In-depth knowledge of all SEO fundamentals and principles (both on-site and off-site).
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Experience using a variety of tools to extract meaningful data. This will include, but is not limited to Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, AHREFs and SEMRush.
- An excellent work ethic, problem-solving and proficient time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism.
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts within a digital agency.
- Solid understanding of performance, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Must have experience setting up advanced tracking and analytics.
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position to [email protected] , with "Senior SEO Consultant Application" in the email title. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionOur primary goal at Web SEO Online is very specific – we aim to get more targeted visitors to your website and then convert them into paying clients. Since we were formed in 2008 we have worked with companies of all sizes to develop online strategies to help them keep in touch with their customers. Currently we serve customers across South Africa and Internationally
Posted on 28 Jun 13:58
+27 81 548 4680