Senior QlikView Developer
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
Job descriptionYou are a skilled QlikView Developer with strong interpersonal skills & technical BI experience. You have 'stickability' when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand the DataOrbis technology stack, processes, and service offerings.
You have a three to five+ years of solid QlikView experience in the development and maintenance of QlikView dashboards, models, data mining and analytics and exposure and experience with the full Qlik suite including QlikView, QlikSense, NPrinting and QlikView Management Console.
You are skilled in gathering requirements for business reporting needs, analysing how best to fulfil these requirements, and ultimately ensuing that these requirements are met from a technical perspective. This includes modelling data in the Qlik environment and building front-end dashboards and analytical tools that align to the Smollan Data Office brand standards. You have robust business process and best practice knowledge as relates to report development and design.
You have strong attention to detail and are meticulous in ensuring your delivery is up to the highest standards as required by the business. You are proactive and tenacious and are happiest when designing and developing reports that meet client needs.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all involved are aware of timelines and deliverables as per the client’s requirements.
You will be part of a cross functional team and will report directly into the Head of the Smollan Data Office and will work closely with the greater “build’ team and Data Business Partner in ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the client’s needs.
- Effectively understanding business requirements and translating these into usable technical solutions.
- Participating in business requirements analysis together with the Business Analyst.
- Developing front-end models, dashboards and analytical tools that can be easily accessed and analysed as per our clients’ requirements.
- Performing Data Modelling within the Qlik server architecture.
- Ensuring extracted data is stored efficiently and in the required formats.
- Executing tasks according to the specified requirements from internal and external parties.
- Escalating tasks which deviate from project plans.
- Managing support calls, both internally and externally, and attending to tickets and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensuring existing models, dashboards and business rules are regularly maintained.
- Self-learning and implementation of additional BI tools.
- Responding promptly and professionally to data and report requests.
- Mentoring and guiding of Junior Data Visualisation Developers within the team.
- Setting up and monitoring daily/weekly monthly burst reports.
RequirementsA tertiary qualification, BCom Informatics/Information Systems Degree or equivalent. 3 – 5+ Year’s business experience with a minimum of 3 years Development experience in QlikView, QlikSense, NPrinting and QlikView Management Console. A QlikView Certification and exposure to Microsoft (BI tool stack) and/Data Warehousing BI & Project methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project).
- Experience in data modelling and data warehousing concepts like Star schema, Snowflake schema, Dimensions, and Facts.
- Knowledge of QlikView server Architecture.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to a query or process and/or follow guidelines and specifications.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly evolving environment.
- Service and delivery orientated.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Logical and structured thought process.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- A process driven individual.
- High attention to detail.
- Takes ownership and remains accountable.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are:
Posted on 14 May 15:59