A highly talented, driven and passionate senior planner who can not only design a process but also successfully execute it, is sought by our client nestled in the picturesque Franschhoek wine valley. Your role will include driving complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability, delivering accurate insights and reports, and overseeing the In-stock function which includes demand planning, ordering and capacity management. The ideal candidate will be analytical and able to effectively use data to make decisions. You will require a Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma in Commerce/Financial/Mathematics or Economics, have 3-5 years’ Commercial/Retail experience specifically in Planning, a proven track record in Planning, Inventory Management & Forecasting and Spend Management (OTB, Margin Management, Mark down controls), experience with process improvement techniques, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software and be fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Oversee the In-stock function including demand planning, ordering and capacity management in line with department strategy.
- Deliver accurate insights and reports on a timely basis on which Department Managers can base commercial decisions and deliver on revenue and margin plans.
- Create sustainable In-stock systems and processes in partnership with Central Analytics, Technical and Product teams.
- Planning Management to support department procurement cycles including but not limited to; seasonality, promotion planning, reaction, import purchasing and continual replenishment.
- Develop and own the bottom-up budgeting plan cycle and reviews in line with performance, margin, stock turn and departmental strategy objectives.
- Own and compile the annual retail sales budget, quarterly plan, working plan as well as on-going reforecasting at category and product levels to ensure budgets are achieved.
- Manage end to end inventory availability and inventory health including - improved in-stock rates (availability), inventory planning at categorisation, systematic forecasting, markdown and clearance provisions, return to supplier activities and warehouse space management.
- Drive process improvement and operational excellence within the supplier base by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation, automation, and economies of scale.
- Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability, focusing on continual contribution margin improvements.
- Lead a team of Buying Assistants - hire, manage and develop a team.
- Support the Operations team in delivering a world-class customer experience – monitor and scrutinise department returns, defects and write offs, supporting the customer service team on product queries and resolving any customer complaints.
- Bachelor’s edgree or advanced diploma (Commerce, Finance, Mathematics or Economics degree preferable).
- 3-5 years of commercial/retail experience specifically in planning.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Proven track record in Planning, Inventory Management and Forecasting.
- Proven track record in Spend Management (OTB, Margin Management, Mark down controls).
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models.
- Strong proficiency in using analytical tools (Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software.
- Experience with process improvement techniques.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 05 Jul 23:12, Closing date 4 Aug