Main Purpose of Job
Assist the service technician and execute technical tasks, in completion of repairs and services on Trucks and related equipment.
• Attend to repair and maintenance as assigned
• Assist with on-road repairs under the supervision of the Service Technician
• Maintain levels of productivity and efficiency as instructed
• General workshop duties: (examples and not limited to)
- Cleaning the workshop
- Neatening areas in workshop where space is required
- Assist with safely moving and washing trucks
- Attend mandatory DAF per E-portal and company requirements
Additional general responsibilities as required by the Service Technicians, Workshop Foreman and Branch Service Manager on site
• Ensure that all tools and equipment is in a safe area before and after usage, and in working order. Where tools have become damaged, immediately report to Service Technician and /or Workshop Foreman on site
• Ensure the work area is safe prior to starting work
- Where areas are unsafe or not in an acceptable working condition, attempt to clean, dry the area and if more complex, report to Service Technician and/or Workshop Foreman for assistance
- Regular toolbox inspections, report missing or damaged tools to Supervisor or Foreman
• Ensure all recyclable items, i.e. paper, plastic, glass, or metal items are disposed of in the correctly allocated recycle bins or allocated areas
- Ensure all actions are conducted in a neat manner taking into account health, environmental and safety factors
- Grade 10 / NQF level 2 with exposure to Technology and technical practical work
- A certificate or Diploma in Vehicle repairs, mechanics or related filed will be an advantage
- A minimum of one-year experience in a workshop environment and experience in basic vehicle repairs essential
- Previous experience of DAF vehicle maintenance in a workshop (Per MEIBC codes based on years’ experience)
This is an AA/EE appointment and ONLY applications from South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.