Data Quality Officer – OR Tambo District
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint 1 Data Quality Officer to be based in Eastern Cape- OR Tambo.
Remuneration: ? R48,633.00
Purpose of the Job
- To support the monitoring, evaluation, reporting and data management functions in all the sub- projects under the grant as well as all the supported facilities.
- Provide training and mentorship to Data Captures.
- Assist the Quality Improvement teams in development of facility improvement plans to improve data quality gaps in facilities.
Key performance Areas
- Identify and close bottlenecks that relates to data quality issues and assist facilities to develop Facility Improvement Plans (FIPs)
Record QI activities on data and document success stories and challenges.
- Train and mentor Data Captures
- Collect and review weekly/monthly dispatches and implement data cleaning plans.
- Collect and review weekly data for all TB indicators.
- Conduct RDQA in supported facilities.
- Follow up with action plans developed and implemented resulting from RDQA.
- Establish/participate in sub-district and site level data quality forums.
- Compile weekly project reports for accurate and timely submission to the M&E Officer and the QI team and DoH.
- Ensure report queries from M&E technical team are resolved timeously within the reporting timelines set by the M&E reporting portfolio.
- Support quality improvement projects developed by the QI team.
- Act as the first point of contact in assisting data capturers with data related issues.
- Review data to identify gaps and inconsistency of data systems (MDI vs TB ID Register vs DHIS vs Tier.net
- Participate in site level and sub districts data review meetings.
- Support with the development of the run charts and dashboards
- Provide support to facilities to ensure data flow is maintained as per the DHIMS policy.
- Support Data Analysts on data requirements
- Any other duties as requested by your supervisor.
Required minimum education and training.
- Garde 12 Certificate, Degree/Diploma in the Health filed
- Knowledge in Microsoft excel and other analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Required minimum work experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in data management in the health environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Quality Improvement environment.
- Knowledge of QI principle and methodologies within the Department of health
- Knowledge of DHIS, Tier.net and EDR Web is recommended.
- Understanding of TB/HIV data elements and indicators
- Experience working at various levels of data collection and maintaining data systems.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment on or before the 06 th of September 2021. Please attach your CV. Copy of ID and Qualifications. No emailed submissions will be accepted.