Projects Officer - Grants
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
The project officer: grants officer will support the finance and compliance department in drafting and managing project reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist with project reporting, specifically drafting financial reports to project funders.
- General project administration including assistant with maintenance of data in central project database
- Assist in ensuring compliance with grant requirements
- Review documentation of procurement of 3rd party contractors in line with funder specific procurement requirements
- Assist and liaise with auditors for project related audit requirements
- Support the measurement of impact with tracking delivery and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Project management training.
- Team player.
- Capable of independent work, taking initiative and self-motivated.
- Good people skills - comfortable developing relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficient in standard software tools such as MS Word, Excel.
- Purpose-driven and aligned to our organisations values.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised and efficient.
- High levels of professionalism.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Time management and upward management skills.
- High levels of integrity.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the willingness to contribute to other organisational needs when required.
This is a full-time contract position of 40 hours per week, until 31 March 2025. This contract will be renewed to a longer duration subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the project requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications must include:
- A well-written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link: https://forms.gle/67q45fs44SDEL9f37
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
Posted on 07 Jul 14:39, Closing date 5 Sep
+27 21 811 0250