We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are global development leader and you thrive tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for a Project Manager:
- Master’s in Business Administration, Master’s in Public Administration, Policy, or International Relations, or PhD from a top university with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top performer’ throughout tenure
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education, or the environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and / or private sector
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Familiarity with data analysis, modelling, statistics, econometrics, and other analytical tools a plus
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Managers deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Lead project teams in disaggregating problems and providing solutions to address them
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage work streams and provide direction
- Coach, manage and support junior team members
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Addis Ababa, Dakar, Dar Es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, Nairobi.
Please submit your application at our Career Center by 30 April 2020. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.