Purpose of Role
Under the supervision of the OVCY Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for providing technical oversight of the OVC Family Strengthening project. S/he will support the implementation of high-quality services within this project under the CDS project. S/he will oversee overall planning, implementation, and monitoring of OVC Comprehensive and Preventive activities for Partners. To be successful in this role, the incumbent will be required to travel (Post-COVID19) to the field from time to time to fulfill the requirements for effective program implementation and track the performance of the implementing partners.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide technical oversight for the implementation of the DREAMS component of the OVCY program which focuses on roll-out of the Let’s Talk program for AGYW and their caregivers
- Coordinate and facilitate the collaboration between OVCY Implementing partners and the FHI360 DREAMS Programs for Social Asset building and Economic strenethening activities
- Ensure the smooth implementaion of bi-directional referrals between the OVCY program , the DREAMS FHI360 team and other DREAMS implementing partners with appropriate documentation of processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve challenges identified in the collaboration activities for the OVCY and FHI360 DREAMS teams
- Provide technical oversight to ensure appropriate support for the implementation of DREAMS package of services for AGYW in ages 10-24 years
- Work closely with the OVCY clinical staff and partners organizations to facilitate referrals for PrEP, SHR and other clinical needs identified for AGYW.
- Work closely with the program officers to ensure that the structure evidence-based interventions training of youth facilitators and rollout to beneficiaries is conducted effectively (Let’s Talk)
- Assist with the training (LIVES), mentoring, and coaching of partners and staff to improve GBV Case Identification and first-line support and reporting of GBV and child abuse cases to ensure linkage to health and legal services;
- Assist partners to develop/amend project work plans, budgets in close collaboration with the CDS team;
- Assist partners to develop and implement strategies for targeting and enrolling eligible beneficiaries in line with the OVC subpopulation;
- Work closely with the Clinical staff to provide TA to partners to promote HIV status knowledge among AGYW and also ensure HIV negative AGYW receive HTS annually;
- Assist to facilitate the strengthening of bi-directional referral systems and linkages for and AGYW who are are indentfied as HIV infected children to access care and treatment clinical services and ensure retention in care;
- Assist with the facilitation of Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (SIMS) activities, Data validation; program review and performance monitoring with MER and technical teams;
- Participate in developing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and work plans;
- Participate and represent CDS in stakeholders’ meetings as requested;
- Participate in the documentation of program activities, program success, abstracts, case studies, etc
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by CDS management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in public health, psychology/ social work or relevant qualifications
- Proven ability to provide high-quality technical assistance and capacity development support to OVC programs
- Experience working with AGYW or DREAMS programs will be an added advantage
- 5 to 10 years working experience in community-based OVC implementing NGOs, preferably in South Africa
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Proficient in formulating strategies and concepts, analyzing and applying technical expertise.
- Prior experience working with USG funded programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills in achieving results with a wide range of program NGOs as this role will involve liasing with multiple stakeholders.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.