The Program Assistant will work with the DREAMS SAB Provincial Manager to ensure smooth implementation of the Dreams program in Mpumalanga. S/he will be responsible for coordination and monitoring of day to day program support activities. This includes coordination of site visits to districts, scheduling of provincial and district progress review meetings with DREAMS , OVC and other stakeholders , coordination of capacity building support activities for the team, including training on YouthPower Curriculum. S/he will contribute to program work planning and reporting, and assisting with tracking of program workplan and deliverables. The Program Assistant will be responsible for maintenance of program files and records and will assist with documentation of program best practices, success stories and lessons learned.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provide day to day professional administrative support to the DREAMS Team.
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly staff work plans.
- Collect and consolidate staff daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, meetings and workshop logistics.
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings, events and other similar activities.
- Set up and maintain project record keeping and database systems.
- Assist District Coordinators and Mentor Supervisors to collect timesheets from AGYW Mentors and Learner Support Agents for submission.
- Assist with stock taking for resources needed for implementation of DREAMS
- Coordinate the submission of bi-weekly plans , Travel authority and Art Will forms for the province
- Undertake any other duties as assigned
The following are the minimum qualifications required for position:
- Diploma / degree in a relevant field; 1-3 years’ experience in a program support role.
- National Senior Certificate (Matric), with 2-3 years of experience
Essential Skills Experience/Skills: and Knowledge:
- Excellent time management and coordination skills
- Good knowledge of Computer skills (Email, Internet, Word, Excel etc.)
- Fluent in any local language and English (both oral and written)
- Experience working within a diverse team
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in developing document and writing reports, minutes etc
- Experience with donor-funded projects, particularly USAID and/or PEPFAR will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities;
- Excellent report writing, presentation and administrative skills.
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.