Main purpose of the job: To lead the implementation of the Gophelega program within the specified local health areas in support of the achievement of programme targets, and in quality improvement activities to ensure the quality of care for HIV/TB clients (both children and adults).
Key performance areas:
- Regularly monitor and track facility performance in relation to programme targets.
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of facility-level implementation plans.
- Regularly conduct facility and clinical audits to identify facility-level gaps in programme implementation and clinical care.
- Support the identification, implementation and monitoring of QI projects, taking into consideration the needs of the clinic.
- Report accurate data on activities conducted, according to data reporting requirements.
- Compile and disseminate reports on facility implementation, according to agreed reporting requirements.
- Examine and treat HIV infected patients in accordance with guidelines
- Treat opportunistic infections diagnosed.
- Prescribe appropriate treatments.
- Identify and manage patients with ART failure and opportunistic infections
- Facilitate services such as down- and up-referrals.
- Register and follow up decanted patients in accordance with guidelines and SOPs
- Implement programme activities in HTS and non-clinical prevention such as testing for HIV in TB patients, FP and STI, condom distribution, male circumcision and pre-and post-treatment adherence.
- Implement programme activities in PMTCT such as paediatric diagnosis, care and treatment, reproductive health including family planning, general adult HIV treatment and chronic care, HIV wellness programmes, Tuberculosis screening and care, Nurse-initiated and managed ART.
- Address training needs in collaboration with DOH and Wits RHI counterparts
- Support the implementation of clinical guidelines at the facility level through on-site mentoring support and contribute to the achievement of priority programmes targets.
- Support the provision of classroom/off-site training and on the job training to ensure skills transfer and competency
- Support the implementation of 95-95-95 strategies to ensure clinicians are competent to initiate ART, manage and monitor viral suppression and retention in care for patients on ART/TB, including adherence support strategies and identification and management or referral of patients for advanced clinical care and failing treatment.
- Supervise and manage line reports in keeping with Wits RHI policies
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration.
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action.
Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure...