In the 80s, the country had Regions which were later demarcated into the nine (9) Provinces as we know them today and NPPHCN had offices in all the Regions in the country. With the advent of Democracy in the early 90s, the funding structure changed dramatically and financial resources were directed more towards central coffers of the Government. Organisations like NPPHCN were affected negatively by this and as a result, most NPPHCN Regional offices had to shut down. The KwaZulu Natal office remained intact and was reconfigured into a Provincial organisation (KZNPPHC) and registered as a Non-Profit organisation. KZNPPHC was involved in pioneering Community Health Care-Based programmes in the Province, including Community Health Workers (oNompilo).
KwaZulu Natal Progressive Primary Health Care seeks to appoint the Literacy & Maths Tutor to be based in Kwazulu Natal.
The overall responsibility is to train learners in Literacy & Numeracy (NQF Level 1 & 2).
Employment Type: 1 year Contract
- A three year degree/diploma in teaching or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in teaching mathematics
- A valid drivers’ license
Key performance areas:
- To implement the literacy & mathematics learning programmes
- To conduct learner training sessions/workshops in accordance with the approved training programmes of the organisation
- To monitor and report on the progress of learners
- To provide remedial support where necessary
- To prepare and conduct assessments
- To mark formative and summative assessments
- To prepare formative and summative assessment matrixes
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literacy
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Be able to think analytically and innovatively
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Preferred: Own transport will be an added advantage
Benefits: A market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications will be offered
Enquiries: Ms. Nonhlanhla Maphumulo. Tel. 031-303 1014
Applications should be accompanied by detailed CVs and certified copies of qualifications and forwarded to: Ms. Nonhlanhla Maphumulo, Marketing & Admin Officer, KZNPPHC,
P.O. Box 3840, Durban 4000; hand delivered to: 303 Avondale Road, Morningside, Durban 4001 or emailed to director @kznpphc.org.za
Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.