|Benefits:||Discovery Health group contribution|
|Location:||Cape Town, Salt River|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Zip Zap Circus|
Job descriptionZip Zap Circus seeks to appoint a Marketing Manager to be based at the Zip Zap Academy in Salt River, Cape Town.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Development and planning of annual Marketing and Communications, PR, Social Media and Digital strategy
- Implementation of Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Planning and management of Communications shared calendar
- Content writing & SEO copywriting for web
- Oversee content for social media daily, weekly schedules
- Write Articles / Blogs, and generate Brochure copy
- Copywriting, proofreading and editing of all materials
- Management and oversight of creation, copy and printing of Annual Report
- Content creation of AGM presentation and communication collateral
- Generate templates for Zip Zap presentations to ensure brand coherence
- Development and maintenance of the Zip Zap brand through ‘Style Guide’
- Quality control of Zip Zap brand / Corporate Identity (CI)
- Reputation management – includes management of content quality
- Maintenance and updating of Zip Zap websites (South Africa and USA)
- Consistent communication and liaison with satellite Zip Zap offices in USA and France to spearhead international campaigns, exposure opportunities
- Developing marketing materials and fundraising tools for USA and France
- Storyboarding and copywriting for all Zip Zap videos (show promotions, programmes, beneficiary stories, documentaries)
Shows and events
- Taking show briefs and interpreting design requirements
- Developing marketing collateral to align with show concept to deadlines
- Generate and implement show marketing and communications plan
- Secure pro-bono media space and generate publicity, interviews to drive tickets sales
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implementing marketing plan adjustments as needed.
Fundraising and Marketing Media and PR
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to meet agreed company, public relations, and fundraising objectives.
- Conceptualise fundraising campaigns and generate fundraising tools such as videos, thank you letters, and novel ways of engaging donors.
- Represent the brand on all types of media as official spokesperson
- Graphic Design and Campaign trafficking and management
- Proposal writing and pitching to potential sponsors
- Develop and send all media releases for Zip Zap (average 1 – 2 per month)
- Marketing support of all Zip Zap fundraising and special events
- Securing and overseeing management of cause-related marketing campaigns
- Management of public relations, publicity and media
- Media Liaison and interview scheduling
- Source ongoing opportunities to gain exposure for Zip Zap through integrated media platforms
- Newsclip monitoring, generating media reports and capturing value
- Management of public relations, publicity, and media - creating and maintaining a harmonious, efficient, and service orientated relationship with Zip Zap’s networks and media partners- and/or their representatives.
- Develop and maintain industry-relevant relations with media
- CRM system (Salesforce): input contacts and use efficiently
- Work very closely with the Events Manager in serving existing clients, sourcing new clients, earning income and seeking new opportunities and partnerships.
- Design and sales of Zip Zap merchandise
- Overseeing the online merchandise shop project
- Brand awareness & education: Brand building and alignment
- Building international brand awareness – pre-MOYA tour (USA, Europe)
- Promotion of calendar days to leverage special programmes / sub-brands such as the Legacy Programme, I Can Fly book
- Developing marketing material for USA and France
- Management of the Brand Champion programme, Cause-related marketing partnerships
Management of social media (digital) coordinator and graphic designer (2 staff)
- Timeline / time management
- Work allocation
- Management of all in-house design workflow and output
- Management of marketing budget
- Organise fortnightly marketing meeting with team
- Organise 1:1 meeting with each team member monthly
- Management and development of staff and performance monitoring
- Setting and agreeing on KPI’s for quarter and annual measurement
- Train and manage the performance of staff, including output, service standards and be prepared to take adequate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance.
- Overall planning and structuring of the department with the development of the policy procedures for purposes of governance.
- Compile the monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for the CEO and EXCO monthly meetings.
- Attend EXCO and Operations meetings – and ad hoc meeting where Marketing input is required
Start date 1st November 2021 (or earlier)
- Integrated, digital marketing and communications skills
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Vision & versatility
- Tenacity & energy
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Creative Content generation
- Astute Copywriting
- Editing and Proofreading
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills writing
- Creative campaign development & implementation
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting skills
- Event management
- Strong organisational, planning and execution
- Media liaison and relationship building skills
Company DescriptionZip Zap Circus was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to use circus arts to bridge socio-economic gaps and empower youth for life. Working with a diverse community of children from all backgrounds, Zip Zap helps kids to ‘dare to dream’ and learn to make those dreams a reality using the circus arts as a medium. Zip Zap’s programs are all free to participants, with financial and material support coming from individuals, corporations, institutions, governments and agencies, trusts & foundations.
Posted on 25 Aug 16:01